Incident Response to Terrorst Bombings - March 20 - Woodstock FD

6 posts in this topic

1779750_10152253668786108_1701993591_n.p

Incident Response to Terrorist Bombings

March 20th, 6:30-10:30pm

Woodstock Fire Headquarters

242 Tinker Street

Woodstock, NY 12498

Course is open to ALL fire, police, and EMS agencies and its members.

Incident Response To Terrorist Bombings

This Course Includes Information on:

Identification of Bomb Components

Military and Civilian Explosives

Improvised Explosive Devices

Response Safety for Bomb or Suspected Bomb calls.

Blast and Detonation Effects of: pipe bombs, letter bombs, package, bombs, vehicle bombs, improvised explosives

Response to Explosions After Detonation.

Secondary Device Awareness.

Terrorism Awareness

Bomb and Explosives Response Training -

This program has relevant safety and survival information for Firefighters, EMS, Police, first responders, school personnel, government officials. Course content contains numerous videos and photos of different types of explosive devices detonating, bomb components, hazard awareness, responder safety and response guidelines.

This course credits the participant with 4 hours of instruction in response to Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Note: Course attendees must be a U.S. citizen. There is no charge for this course. This is a one night, 4 hour class.

For further information contact Robert Bloom at: rbloom@woodstockfiredept.org

Provided by the Energetic Materials Testing and Research Center of New Mexico Tech through the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.

https://www.facebook.com/events/281665521988145/

Edited by Patch6713

I think the name of the course is ERTBC. It stands for Emergency Response to Terrorism-Basic Concepts

Please correct me if I'm wrong, correct your post if I'm right.

Thanks

I think the name of the course is ERTBC. It stands for Emergency Response to Terrorism-Basic Concepts

Please correct me if I'm wrong, correct your post if I'm right.

Thanks

Its not my class so I'm no 100% sure of the name, a different instructor teaches it. The original flyer that was made has the name as "Incident Response to Terrorist Bombings - AWR-130." Really couldn't tell you if it goes by another name.

I took the Incident Response to Terrorist Bombing class in CT several years ago. I think those are two different classes. New Mexico Tech has several good classes in this area. I highly recomend this class to anyone who is on the fence about going. I learned a lot of interesting things that are not always covered in one place.