Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

"See Something, Say Something" Interupts Minnesota Teen's Killing Plot

2 posts in this topic

I can only imagine how many lives were saved by this citizen who saw something suspicious and called 911. This kid was well prepared. How he amassed such an arsenal without notice is beyond me. The fact that he had been testing his bomb making skills is scary. Very scary.

SOME QUOTES FROM THE FULL ARTICLE:

WASECA, MINN. John David LaDue had it all figured out. He would kill his mother, father and sister and then create a diversion to keep first responders busy while he went to Waseca Junior/Senior High School to wreak havoc.

Markeson said police believe the attack would have happened within the next few weeks if it hadnt been for an alert 911 caller who grew suspicious after she saw a tall, white male wearing a backpack open a storage unit, go inside and close the door.

LaDue told police that if he had brought a gun with him to the storage unit he would have shot the responding officers, the complaint said.

.........and would shoot school liaison officer Jared Chrz so that he did not stop him from his plans for killing more students, the document said.

Seven firearms and three completed pressure cooker bombs were found in LaDues bedroom, the complaint said. Another three pressure cooker bombs, along with chemicals and other materials, were found in the storage unit. LaDue also had 60 pounds of metal ball bearings.

In a second interview with the state Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, LaDue talked about his notebook. In his first journal entry on July 24, 2013, LaDue listed a detailed plan for killing his family, Chrz and students. Over the nine months covered in the notebook, he never changed those plans.

Read more: http://www.startribune.com/local/257505631.html?page=1&c=y

EmsFirePolice and sueg like this

I was thinking the same thing this morning when I heard this. How many people would have shrugged their shoulders and walked away? No detail is too small anymore.