Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
X2321

Gas Station Fire on Hutch

7 posts in this topic

Here is a video released by WCPD of the crash and fire at the Mobil station on the Hutch in White Plains last week. Great job by the state police investigator pulling the driver from the car. A few questions though. Why wasn't the fire suppression system activated and who is responsible for inspecting the safety equipment at this gas station, the city of White Plains or since its on county property, the county of Westchester.

http://www.lohud.com/videos/news/local/2014/06/10/10307559/

Awesome, quick and bold move by the investigator. Also, you can see another group help the person out of the car in front. It's always encouraging to see the public helping one another.

However.....this now leads to a question. Why didn't the overhead fire suppression system go off. I've been to gas station fires where it was activated for much less. Had it gone off, that fire would have been knocked down right quick. Is that being looked into? Did Harrison Fire respond and does anyone from there know what went down?

That's White Plains's fire district. Harrison did buff it though and show up as well. I believe the system did not activate automatically, which I agree is odd, but was manually activated after the fact. Just what I heard secondhand, feel free to correct any misinformation.

M' Ave likes this

That's White Plains's fire district. Harrison did buff it though and show up as well. I believe the system did not activate automatically, which I agree is odd, but was manually activated after the fact. Just what I heard secondhand, feel free to correct any misinformation.

Ah yes...White Plains. That makes sense. I suppose they've got that house near the High School and it's fairly close. I just automatically connect that are with Harrison because it's far from WP city center. And the exit North of the Mobil is Harrison.

Thanks for the clarification.

And the exit North of the Mobil is Harrison.

To the right, and White Plains to the left.

To the right, and White Plains to the left.

Yes yes..... Boy, sticklers! :P