Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IFCLIDF

New Deputy Commissioner Appointed

8 posts in this topic

Bellow is a copy of the Commissioner's announcment yesterday (2/11/04) of the appointment of a new Deputy Commissioner for DES:

It is my great pleasure to announce the appointment of John E. Jackson as the new Deputy Commissioner of the Department of Emergency Services. I am confident that John is the right person to fill this position and to assist in making this Department even greater than it already is. Many of you know already know John and are familiar with his vast experience in the Fire and EMS services here in Westchester. John is well known and respected in Westchester, the region and the State. I am thrilled that John will be joining our Department and I know you too, will welcome him into our ranks.

The public announcement of John's appointment will be made public later today. I wanted you all to know officially beforehand. John is slated to start here at DES on March 15.

Anthony W. Sutton, Commissioner

Westchester County Department of Emergency Services

Knowing John personally, I know that he is a great addition to DES. Best of luck John!!

Oh man, what a great decision. WC's gain is our loss.

I've known Johnny for a pretty long time now and i have to say that the County has actually made a great choice, surprisingly! Johnny has been in the business for a long, long time and definately knows his stuff in the world of Emergency Services! With his vast knowledge of fire and EMS, i know that Johnny will be a great addition to the WCDES and have a lot to offer! My best wishes go out to Johnny on his retirement from the LMFD and the best of luck to him with his new position! BFD1054

Best of luck to Johnny Jackson!

I am sure he will do a great job for Westchester County DES.

I have A LOT of respect for him. He was a Career Firefighter / Officer with Mohegan FD. He also is a Volunteer with Montrose FD. Oh wait... I can't forget C & O Team and CVAC too.

Johnny did and still does a lot but most important he was one who never judged you... if you were Career or Volunteer it did not matter to him. You were a Brother Firefighter!

OK.. Johnny where is my $20.00 for saying all that? haha

CONGRATS GO OUT TO JOHHNY JACKSON. WE ALL KNOW YOU'LL DO A GREAT JOB. GOOD LUCK. SO WHENS THE RETIREMENT PARTY? =D>

Congrats To The New DES DC!

CONGRATS GO OUT TO JOHHNY JACKSON. WE ALL KNOW YOU'LL DO A GREAT JOB. GOOD LUCK. SO WHENS THE RETIREMENT PARTY? =D>