Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BFD389RET

East Houston Texas "science experiment"

3 posts in this topic

http://youtu.be/TB733ALC9gw (backdraft)

Mind You its an older post of a backdraft that occured You can see what sure LOOKS like The cause if you watch it through,

The real action Happens early in the video watch carefully The owner (?) it seems As if he is going to enter the front at the exact moment a Backdraft occures and It literally lifts the roof, and you'll see the dude come away from the door.....

Here is another great Teacher of Men Video North Carolina Garage door closes On the line and trapping a couple guys for a couple minutes

http://youtu.be/Zd6bAEMu5Yk Garage Door entrapment

Edited by BFD389RET
x635 and AFS1970 like this

I watched both videos...both were quite handsome to watch. First, I have to say I've never seen a roof plume up like that. It puts perspective on the fact that you don't know what happened prior to your arrival. That roof is definitely compromised, bu the FD won't know until a bystander says something.

As for the second video.....where's the support to stop the garage door from closing? I can understand how you can approach an oped overhead door and believe that it will stay up, but there is no definitive reason for it to stay up. A little force from even blowing smoke/hot gasses can move a heavy object (especially when tat object has wheels on a pre-defined track). I'm sure a well placed 2x4 or even a pike pole would have prevented the closure. [bTW, don't take this comment as a Monday morning QB remark; I'm simply stating something obvious because it can and will save a life. I'd rather make it seem like a MMQB remark than attend a LODD funeral.]

BFD389RET likes this

I watched both videos...both were quite handsome to watch. First, I have to say I've never seen a roof plume up like that. It puts perspective on the fact that you don't know what happened prior to your arrival. That roof is definitely compromised, bu the FD won't know until a bystander says something.

As for the second video.....where's the support to stop the garage door from closing? I can understand how you can approach an oped overhead door and believe that it will stay up, but there is no definitive reason for it to stay up. A little force from even blowing smoke/hot gasses can move a heavy object (especially when tat object has wheels on a pre-defined track). I'm sure a well placed 2x4 or even a pike pole would have prevented the closure. [bTW, don't take this comment as a Monday morning QB remark; I'm simply stating something obvious because it can and will save a life. I'd rather make it seem like a MMQB remark than attend a LODD funeral.]

Totally agree, IN # 1 Yeah its easy to watch The first minute and Know everything.. <sic> setting it up as they did On youtube showing the blast 1st they seeing it a second time, You have the chance to see the guy in white (homeowner?) disapear into the front door foyer area , the blast happens and you figure OMG he is gonna be singed at best... yet he walks out seemingly fine... lol Crazy stuff... But its easy to conclude with The little we know of what the heck happened The house Backdraft indicates to me The house must have been Charred ...

The Garage door incident was several years ago... I post it as A reminder YOU NEED to NOT trust anything... door openers can short out chains can Break, at Least sstuff a pike pole or chanel locks on the rail to keep it from closing fully .....

>>> Note I typed Chanel locks I meant Vise grips of similar Locking device much more versitle in this senerio sorry ...

Edited by BFD389RET
dwcfireman likes this