Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMT111

Emstar Dispatching

7 posts in this topic

Heard a test for EMstar EMS on the Orange County EMS paging channel by Orange 911 earlier tonight, and then later heard them paged for an ALS assist to Greenwood Lake. Are they dropping their dispatch or something? I know with Walkill EMS going ALS, they now really only cover the three agencies in the town of Warwick (Warwick, Greenwood Lake, and Pine Island) as an ALS provider, but they also have operations in Rockland and elsewhere, so it would seem a little odd that they're dropping their dispatchers for the area.

When I was dispatching over at Care 1 they had an old plectron receiver for Orange 911. Only went off once but it was there they may be using that

When I was dispatching over at Care 1 they had an old plectron receiver for Orange 911. Only went off once but it was there they may be using that

Pretty sure it's Orange 911 dispatching them, they just got paged again for a mutual aid to Goshen/mobile life.

They probably are then. I even saw some IFT work in CAD. Must not want to keep separate dispatchers up here and are trying to consolidate office staff in Philly

The Philly part of EMStar is no longer part of EMStar. They split off last year around March and became part of some healthcare network. EMStar has their own dispatch based out of a HQ in Suffern, NY. They have an Orange County CAD in their Communications Room. If they are needed for a 911 call in OC, the call pops up on their CAD screen.

WCFCX613 and boca1day like this

The Philly part of EMStar is no longer part of EMStar. They split off last year around March and became part of some healthcare network. EMStar has their own dispatch based out of a HQ in Suffern, NY. They have an Orange County CAD in their Communications Room. If they are needed for a 911 call in OC, the call pops up on their CAD screen.

I am aware of that and that's why I thought it was weird that I heard them paging Emstar via the ems paging channel. Normally they just dispatch on whatever their primary channel is

EMStar & MLSS can be dispatched by pager as well as a backup to CAD. Their CAD was down and they were paged instead of called via the phone.

trauma74 likes this