Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cas2383

Largest Westchester Dept?

14 posts in this topic

Was wondering which municipalitie(s) in the county have large or the largest dept. Not just in manpower but the area covered, number of units, total runs overall..... Thought it would be a fun topic.

Yonkers, not only has Rescue 1, but they also have their Entire Special Operation Division (Haz Mat, High Water, etc Vechicles) that is housed up at the Ridge Hill Bunker. Also, it has the Collaspe Unit out of Station 11 and the Foam Unit out of Station 13.

I'm thinking this may be another case where we need to differentiate between all-paid dept's and volunteer/combo dept's...

I mean, Port Chester/Rye Brook has a large department (8 Engines, Rear-mount Ladder, Tower Ladder, Tillered Ladder, Rescue, Utility...) but doesn't compare to WP/NewRo/Yonkers...

so then we shall compare career and volunteer/comb.

To Compare Professional and volunteer dept's is

absurd - ie. apples to oranges

Training ,capabilities, knowledge, etc. are on completely

different levels

Therefore for a proper survey you must differentiate whether

the dept. is Professional or volunteer and then conduct

seperate surveys for an accurate representation.

...are you insinuating that volunteers are not as capable or on the same level as professionals?

jeesh, just keep it volunteer and career seperated to keep confusion and arguments to a low for once.

tom0 I think what the issue is, if you talk about total pieces of apparatus Yonkers should have the most (out of career, combination, or volunteer departments if you lump everybody together ) You could do county-wide and then sub-catagories. The same could go for runs, personel, square miles, etc.

Keep the dept. seperate!!!!

and as for port chester ... we have a combo dept.. 2 carrer engs 5 volenteer engs 2 ladders ( tiller and tower) one rescue , 2 utility trucks and one boat!!!! 13 peices of app.

8-[

IN NO WAY did I mean that we should do a Career vs. Volly thread...

I meant that when you compare responses, apparatus inventory, etc. you need to separate them because the numbers in Westchester are mostly different. Clearly there are a few all-paid dept's that don't do as many calls as some combo/all-volly dept's...

I think you get the idea...

Lets not let this turn in to a p*ssing match between the paid and volunteer members of this website!

Here's another question, who knows what the busiest Company's are? Broken down this way:

Busiest Engine:

Truck:

Rescue:

Ambulance:

Busiest Engine - New Rochelle Engine 22

Busiest Truck - Yonkers Ladder 71

Busiest Rescue - Yonkers R1

Busiest Battalion - Yonkers B1

I'm thinking busiest ambulance is 30-A-1 or 2

As far as buses that are dispatched by 60, that is...

Another day...same people...bringing up the same issues. Give it a rest man!! We all know that the county needs more personnel.