Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cutty630

JUST MY TWO CENTS!!!

7 posts in this topic

I've never been so upset listening to the scanner, as I was tonight. Croton Falls fd was dispatched to a report of a piaa involving a motorcycle on fire and into a telephone pole. The first chief on scene reported multiple victims and requested a launch for stat flight. During the opps of the accident/ set up for a landing zone there was a person on 46.26 almost critiquing the entire incident and all of the decissions that the ic was making. Whatever the person was doing on the radio was uncalled for and was WRONG. What if while this JACK--- was talking on the radio there was an important radio transmission that had to be heard by either on scene personell or 60 control.

Somehow this person had a radio of somesort and was able to speak on 46.26, Does that mean that he is a fellow firefighter and just sitting around talking crap. DO ME, THE OTHER OFFICERS AND FIRE DEPT MEMBERS IN THE COUNTY A FAVOR AND STAY OFF THE RADIO DURING AN INCIDENT. There are plenty of other ways to speak your mind without interfering with a serious accident where fellow brothers are trying to help someone live. BY THE WAY IT"S JUST MY TWO CENTS!!!!!

It made me sick to my stomach. Some of the stuff said were: "Ohh, might as well transport the patient BLS then STATFlight" or when STATflight was giving his ETA the person said "Sh** he could be dead by then"...THEN the person must have called Somers and called the Somers distpachter a "Fu***** Fairy". Unbelievable! At first I thought I was listening to a buff channel, but then i realized it was 46.26.....Unreal [-(

Is there a way to lock out transmission on 46.26 such that the only ones who can talk on it are line officers, apparatus, and approved officials who have portables? If so, there should be a radio identifier (the little squeak thing at the end of a transmission - I've mentioned it somewhere in another thread) and a corresponding LCD readout in 60's headquarters so that they know exactly who is talking. Behavior like that described above is unconscionable!

The proposed trunking system will have a radio ID for everyone on the system. I didn't hear what you are refering to, glad about it.

this was one of the most disturbing things I have ever heard that guy could have killed people and he put everyone working there and the patients at risk. People like this should be taken out back and beaten.

There's gotta be an FCC violation for that, too...

If you guys remember, say, 5-6 years ago, once in a while you would hear stupidity on the radio, but not as bad. Back then people only had the limitation of their portables and mobiles to be heard on. Now, we have so many cross-band repeaters that a simple 4 watt portable can have the capabilities of a 100 watt radio tower. A great addition to our services ruined from time to time by a$$holes who think they have to be heard 24/7.

Cutty, I heard this too, and I live in Croton. Obviously this individual was unaware of the severity of the incident they were interfering with, and the severity of the stupidity they participated in.

WAKE UP PEOPLE! The radios, regardless what you may think of the frequencies, radios, antennas, etc. are a lifeline. A firefighter's distress call, a patient update, an LZ location, etc. could end up not being heard and may very well cause some serious problems for ALL involved, including the INNOCENT victims we're SWORN to protect!

On a side note, the area the CFFD / NSVAC is in is touchy when it comes to radio communications as it is, the last thing they need is to be covered by some jerk who obviously needs something better to do.

Good post Cutty - I felt the same way you did!