Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest ocff75

Wildwood Firefighter 1/EMT JOB

5 posts in this topic

Seasonal Employment

Wildwood City Fire Department

The Wildwood City Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the position of:

Seasonal Firefighter / EMT

During the busy summer months, the WFD places two BLS ambulances into service during all night shifts and day works on sat/sun. Each shift is supplemented with two seasonal personnel, and a pool of on-call seasonal employees is maintained. Employment generally begins on Memorial Day, and lasts through Labor Day, with special events on weekends throughout the year which require FD staffing.

Requirements for the position:

NJ or National EMT-B *

NJ or National FF I

Experience in Firefighting / EMS preferred

Contact Captain Neill (C Shift) at Wildwood City Fire Headquarters for more information and an application package

609 - 522 - 1110

4400 New Jersey Avenue

Wildwood, NJ 08260

* PA & NY EMTs may apply for NJ EMT reciprocity. Click here for more inf

That sounds like it could be a pretty interesting per-diem job. Wonder what the pay is?

Definately sounds like a sweet job! What could be a better summer job than that??? Fire, EMS and the beach, what more could anyone ask for? I mean, you would have to deal with being in "dirty Jersey" lol but it'd be worth it! I was curious as to what the pay would be too, probably not that great, but who cares, you get paid for an awesome job/opportunity and you get to live near the beach and have an awesome summer! I would love to do that, too bad i don't have my EMT cert yet :sad: #-o BFD1054

This job sounded really cool so I put a call into Capt. Neill.

Really nice guy!

The good news they are still looking for a few guys. The bad news is you MUST have National Registry EMT or obtain a NJ EMT. Additionally you MUST have NJ Firefighter certification or National Level Firefighter I. (NYS Firefighter Courses No Good)

Just wanted to pass that on...

I thought NYS EMTs could work in Jersey without reciprocity?