NorthEndExpress

Fist Fight Between Yonkers Fire Commisioner And Lieutenant At Christmas Party

11 posts in this topic

The political powers of Yonkers are trying to keep the public from knowing much, if anything, about a bizarre fist fight that broke out between the city’s fire commissioner and one of his officers.

This happened at a YFD Christmas party held on the evening of Dec. 11 at the Fairways, a catering hall at the county-owned Dunwoodie golf course in Yonkers.

LoHud Article: http://www.lohud.com/story/opinion/columnists/phil-reisman/2015/12/21/reisman-yonkers-fire-commissioner-brawl-investigation/77716516/

Further details: Yonkers Tribune http://www.yonkerstribune.com/2015/12/hezitorial-investigation-knotted-linen-napkin-thrown-to-gain-a-womans-attention-strikes-yonkers-fire-commissioner-john-darcy-instigating-a-fight-that-caused-yfd-lieutenant-michael-oconnor-to-be-h

I thought when I saw the headline that there has to be more to the story, or it's being overblown. The facts in the LoHud article seem pretty good, and the Yonkers Tribune seems to paint a more in depth colorful picture of the incident.

A Lieutenant throws a knotted napkin at a waitresses head to get her attention? That first is hard to imagine. So it hits the Commissioner accidentally, the guy goes over to apologize, and a brawl breaks out? Both guys are injured. YPD and Empress are called? Really? Is this incident just being overblown? And who stands to gain or lose anything from this?

Well there goes the credibility of YFD brass...from Commish to Lt.

Sounds more like the FDNY Chair brawl than good old fashion fun.

"It is almost always the cover-up rather than the event that causes trouble." - Howard Baker

A cover-up ended the Nixon administration, imagine what it will do to YFD.

I am confident that heads will roll.

I wonder who signed the RMA? That's got to be several crimes right there.

And shouldn't this be a WCPD investigation? It was on county property.

Dinosaur likes this

Shake it off and walk away. How did this happen when there were so many people there to break it up. Something doesn't make sense here.

How a knotted napkin "knocked him off his chair" is another question. Must have been a BIG knot. LOL

Some mentioned were big posters on here, often very critical of others, and very outspoken about what is right and wrong. Where are they now

GAW6 likes this

Some mentioned were big posters on here, often very critical of others, and very outspoken about what is right and wrong. Where are they now

Obviously intelligent enough not to post in a public forum about the alleged incident.

tglass59, 201/65, 410 and 2 others like this

How a knotted napkin "knocked him off his chair" is another question. Must have been a BIG knot. LOL

I heard it grazed his eye....Then most likely an over-reaction to the situation.