Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Former Pleasantville Tower Ladder 5 For Sale

5 posts in this topic

Special thanks to msm232 for the info. The listing I posted must be a very old listing, because the truck seems to be in a very good new home:

5 Facts About Wexford's New Tower Ladder (from 2013): http://patch.com/pennsylvania/pine-richland/5-things-to-know-about-wexford-fire-companys-new-ladder-truck

Fire Department website: http://wexfordvfc.com/SMCMS/index.php?SMExt=SMPages&SMPagesId=f8c00670a5cb421e263289e9d534060d

Westfield12 likes this

3. It Came from New York

A fire station in New York once owned the truck.

More from Pine-Richland Patch

" Flaherty said the truck sustained some damage to the tower during a call. Rather than spend the money to get it fixed, the New York station decided to turn it over to Seagrave to be refurbished while the station bought a new engine, Flaherty said."

Is that what really happend?

If that is true................WOW

x635 and Westfield12 like this

How and what did they damage that made replacing the truck a better option?

From my understanding, and I might have the chronology wrong, it went to a place to get repaired, that did not have the capabilities or qualified staff to repair it. They actually did more damage to the truck. It sat outside for 2 years while a decision was made about what to do with it. It then finally went to Seagrave to get repaired and refurbished, and the Commissioners did want to pay for it. Eventually, Seagrave put it up for sale, and another department picked up a fully refurbished Aerialscope for $600,000. Pleasantville, meanwhile, was without a ladder for a couple of years, until the current KME Tower was purchased for close to a million.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.