x635

WMCHealth Plans To Build $230M Ambulatory Care Pavilion In Valhalla

5 posts in this topic

This REALLY should include a new, functional ER with space that's appropriate for a Level 1 Trauma Center, but hey, that's just me.

MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- The Westchester Medical Center Health Network unveiled plans Wednesday to build a $230 million, 280,000-square-foot Ambulatory Care Pavilion adjacent to Westchester Medical Center on its Valhalla campus, which would be the largest healthcare construction project in the county in decades.

http://mountpleasant.dailyvoice.com/news/wmchealth-plans-to-build-230m-ambulatory-care-pavilion-in-valhalla/641237/#.Vtc1FEQR14s.facebook

WMCHealth.jpg.7f308443d6981accbf604c18bf

Westfield12 likes this

The night tour at the ED is supposed to have 9 nurses.  It is not uncommon for that level to dip to FOUR on some nights.

Proper staffing will help more than additional space. Staff what you have. I guess that last statement applies to ALL of our own agencies!

An expansion like this does not come without a lot of financial planning. Am-surge must have better reimbursement than the ED.

Westfield12 and x635 like this

Good points, Bill.

The other thing I just thought of....this looks like they may have to demolish the Taylor Care Pavilion, which is mainly WMC administrative offices, no inpatient care other then a small rehab wing with only a few beds, and possibly reconfigure Behavioral Health. Unless that building can sit in-between the two or be integrated, which from the sketch above doesn't look possible.

trauma74 and Westfield12 like this

With the size of the building this would be housing more then just am-surg and administrative offices. I would bet they would be moving dr offices from 19 bradhurst to this new building 

x635 likes this

They've been talking about demolishing Ruth Taylor for years so I bet that's a part of it. 

Where's the money coming for this?  Is it tax money - yet again - for the public benefit corporation?  

Have they paid back the millions of tax dollars that the County gave them during their bailouts over the years?

trauma74 likes this