Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Orpi442

Bakery Pastries

18 posts in this topic

:D Well food has been discussed and I think I have a place to eat for acouple of months. So I would like to add in Venerios Bakery. 1st Ave & 11th. it i actually on the south west corner of 11th. I can swear that no one will be upset with anything you get from them.

Sounds good but what city is it in?? There are a lot of 1st ave and 11th's out there. LOL

Manhattan. Also Ferrara's is good (sp?), and most places on Arthur Ave. in the Bronx. There is also a good polish bakery on 1st and 9th I think. It has been highly recommended, but I haven't been there yet. Also Veselkas(sp?) on 2nd and 10th is a Ukranian restaurant that has home baked goods, haven't had those yet, but their meals are large, delicious, and cheap ($11 for a LOT).

Yes, you are right there is alot of first & 11ths. I did mean NYC. I know it may be alittle out of some of our posts but its worth the trip if you get down there. Venerios, and it is also considered a cafe. Nice sit down. It does get busy. As BF says, "get out there & eat America."

Homestyle bakery on Water Street in Peekskill has to be one of the best around, IMO. They have everything from cookies to pastries to cakes & everything is made on premise. Definately worth a try, you won't be disappointed!

Yeah, I can't drive 9a through Buchanan without pulling off on Hudson Street, head towards the river, right on S Water

6 pasteries for 5 bucks, and for the size of'em, thats breakfast and lunch :chew:

Besides the best pies, cookies and cakes in area

Discovered those cheese danishes, and the bunker pants feel more crowded with time 8-[

Enjoy

Homestyle bakery on Water Street in Peekskill has to be one of the best around, IMO.  They have everything from cookies to pastries to cakes & everything is made on premise.  Definately worth a try, you won't be disappointed!

At my sister's graduation party we had a nepolian cake from homestyle - it was a huge hit. I don't think i've ever had a better cake in my life

Artuso's in RoseHill Shopping Ctr. Columbus Ave., Thornwood is a transplant from Mt. Vernon on "the circle". Artuso was an icon and still does it the way I remember as a kid. Also this time of year they do THE BEST Italian ice!

Related to the Artuso's on Arthur Ave, BX.

Homestyle in Peekskill has my vote ! Every Birthday cake in my family has been made at homestyle . Gotta love the B&W cookies also mmmm =D>

The other nite when Peekskill had the fire near the

Bakery I had visions of no more Cakes LOL

Black and Whites!!! I'm going there on Thursday! Thanks for that.

The best B&W's I've had, to date, were from Mother's Bakery on 233rd St. in Riverdale off Johnson Ave. The place has been there for a million years and hasn't changed.

But we'll see tomorrow if Homestyle beats them.

My mouth is waterin' already.

Their cannoli cakes are excellent as well. Having a sister interned there was good for the taste buds, not so good for the hips.

Okay, its Homestyle Bakery for the cheese danishes, but DEFINITELY Artuso's for the cannoli's

=D>

never saw a certain chief's vehicle actually parked outside the Thornwood store, but 'gotta believe he'd know Artuso personally, being from MV and all....

I can hear it now, Chief Clemenza, "leave the nozzle, grab the cannolis" :wink:

Folks this is got to stop. I am already gravitationally challenged. They will have to make a new bus just for me to fit in. Cheese cake anybody!!! They all sound good my wife has been writing down all these locations. I guess I better get some OT.

1) Very nice Godfather reference.

2) Do people like pignoli cookies? There is someplace on Arthur Ave in the Bronx (not sure where) where my family gets pignolis, cannolis, napoleons, and these delicious small, round almond cookies. Very tasty!

Artuso's in RoseHill Shopping Ctr. Columbus Ave., Thornwood is a transplant from Mt. Vernon on "the circle". Artuso was an icon and still does it the way I remember as a kid. Also this time of year they do THE BEST Italian ice!

Related to the Artuso's on Arthur Ave, BX.

Best bakery ever...still sad they moved away all those years ago. :cry2:

Homestyle bakery on Water Street in Peekskill has to be one of the best around, IMO.  They have everything from cookies to pastries to cakes & everything is made on premise.  Definately worth a try, you won't be disappointed!

BIG thumbs up on Homestyle Desserts, BFD!

Go for the Chocolate Mousse cake. Best cookies too, like

hazelnut balls (with pineoli nuts!), and their Linzer Torts are the best I've ever had.

Homestyle is my favorite bakery. Ypu can't beat there raspberry cheesecake.

Ahhh, glad to hear all the other pastery lovers out there enjoyed my Homestyle reccomendation!

JaredHG...any dessert shop and/or restaurant on Arthur Ave. is awesome bro lol! You can't go wrong when you shop down there! All the local FDNY companies are always down there food shopping. My buddy from 88-Engine says he loves being so close to Arthur Ave., but you better work out pretty often to keep the pounds off lol!

My family gets their pastries from Milano's (spelling?) on Arthur Ave. I actually met former mayor Rudy Giuliani in there when i was younger, definately a cool memory!