Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RES20CUE

Somers-Coming Soon

49 posts in this topic

Engine 185- 90% complete- just back from the factory.

Final Inspection trip- 10/18. Expected to be delivered to Ruscon on 10/23. Seth was sent Spy shots, I forgot his Ice Cream, so we'll see if he posts them!

Seth was sent Spy shots, I forgot his Ice Cream, so we'll see if he posts them!

You owe me King Kone next time I work up there!!!

Committee went to KME on Monday for the final inspection. Looking Good!!!

The new Engine 185 is expected to be in New York tomorrow night

and in Somers early next week!

"Westchester's 1st KME Preditor"

So your getting it next week Then you have to put the radios in

Don't go there with radios!!

It was right on schedule with the county's new UHF system to be installed, now the county delayed again!!!!!!

So we have to put an old radio in, and wait another 5-6 months for the "New" county radios.

everything else on schedual?

Hey can you post more picts of your new engine so We could see it before we do the next standby and reconfigure it:) Thanx always fun to do standbys at East Yorktown (Somers):)

Other than the county radios- everything else is ahead of scheduale.

Almost all the equipment is in, and what's not here, is ordered and should be here by the time the training is finished, and put in service.

I have a couple of new pics, I'll see about getting them posted.

Hey Ed when could we see those other pictures you have or do we have to wait for the wet down???????:D

Im working today and tomorrow at FTC, so hopefully I can get them downloaded and sent to Seth, either Tues night or Wed morning.

Sorry for the delay, I've been a bit busy!

No problem just wanted to know:)

Engine 185 will be in quarters on Sunday, 11/7 for final inspection and acceptance testing by the committee. No free-lancers please!!!

Let the commitee get done what they have to first!!!

Rescue 20-

Chassis in production. Chassis scheduled to be delivered to Rescue 1 during the 1st week of January.

Possible delivery in April/ May.

Res20cue,

Whats the latest on E-185, was it accepted? any Photos? We are going for tool mounting next week and shuld have the new

18-2-3 by the first week in December.

Engine 185 was not accepted, and returned to Ruscon for repairs and a few small items that were not there, but in the specs.

Waiting to see the next delivery date! Sorry, no new pics, I was too busy going through the specs and acceptance process.

Lettering was suppose to start on Thurs 11/11, but that was postponed.

Ed,

The engine looks good. I heard about the small engine problem. But I am sure Ruscon will fix it. As far as Radio call the county and have them drop it off to you. I am sure if you call ESS. They will have them.

Question for you though. How many gallon tank is it, and what East Yorktown Station is it going to be in 3,4,5,6. What one? :poke:

Russ will do a good job as always, not to concerned with anything that he can take care of.

I'm just gonna put an old Low Band radio in it for now, until the new UHF system is up and they start installing them.

I dont know how East Yorktown has their stations numbered, but it is slated to be assigned to Granite Springs Fire HOUSE.

186 will become the reserve unit, and most likely be assigned to Somers House, and 182 will be reassigned back to Amawalk.

As previously posted-

1500 GPM Waterous 2-stage pump

1000 Gallon Booster Tank.

Inspection trips to PL custom and Rescue 1 (same place!!) scheduled this week for both the new 80B3 and Rescue 20. Both still on track for deliveries bewteen April and June, respectivly.