Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lissa76

Anyone else contacted by PFDSnapshots?

7 posts in this topic

Hi, anyone else been contacted by this person on aol? I copied the link and asked a friend about it since I had never seen a site end in .biz.tc. Apparently it's from Caicos Islands or something. Never clicked on it... not going to.. just curious if anyone else knows who this is. (I spread out the address so no one clicks on it by mistake)

PFDSnapshot: hello

PFDSnapshot: i am the peekskill fire Dept photographer, and the peekskill volunteer ems photographer

PFDSnapshot: i am trying to get my site out to a lot dept's in wc to see it

PFDSnapshot: i was just wondering if you could take a look at it and see if we could trade sities i put brewsters up on my site and maybe u can put mine up on yours

PFDSnapshot: ok its WWW. FD SNAPSHOTS .BIZ .TC

He's a 16 Y.O. kid who's father is a member of Peekskill FD. He does have a website with many pictures from fires MVA's etc. in the Peekskill area. It seems to be legit.

.BIZ.TC is just the host he is using right now.. Hopefully he can get moved over to a normal site sometime in the future sometime and not have to use the .biz.tc host.

OK, cool... got nervous.. with all the virus' going around... thanks!! :D

Yeah, he's legit. You can usually find him running around like a little guy on crack (kinda like a mini x635) with 3 or 4 cameras around his neck and a reflective vest on. His pictures are actually pretty decent and he shows a lot of promise for a possible future career in photojournalism or photography (at least from my POV).

.biz.tc is just another free provider of web space on the web. www.bix.tc for more information. Of course your suspecions are warranted. A lot of bad sites are hosted on free web hosts like this. Just make sure you have a good virus scanning program and that the definitions are up to date.

Avast (http://www.avast.com/) is an excellent package that is FREE for personal use (registration using a valid email required) and even blocks a lot of ad/spyware. It's also great for those with a pirate fetish. ARRRR!

He is an awesome kid--he is a mad man when it comes to scene phoros. I wish I had half his energy!!!

He takes some outstanding photos!!!

thanks guys its me PAS1013= PFDSNAPSHOT, thanks to every body for saying what they said.