Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stephen morea

whats goin' on with MA13?

7 posts in this topic

I don't know if anyone can help me, but when i came to emtbravo on the 15th i went to x635's past week in photos and saw something that confused me, i saw 2 things: 1,somers MA13, i thought that that was suposed to be gotten rid of a while back. and 2,what was that one older tahoe/yukon sittin' between their fly car and MA13 in that one photo i have never seen that car before. please tell me what they use it for. Also,please tell me of what any vehicles somers has thats not posted on their website, i would REALLY like to know. i really like westchester county apparatus and try to keep track of what everyone has as far as trucks go. thanx,steve

Well I can tell you that old tahoe with no light bar is driven by the fire district's mechanic. I don't know about the status of the MA-13.

the truck in the middle i believe is the old Flycar and I am pretty sure that MA-13 was and still is for sale

The truck in the middle was never a flycar. That is a 1992 GMC Yukon orginally purchased for use as a command vehicle (chief's car). That was the first SUV the Somers Fire District owned and the second command vehicle. The first was a mid-'80's Chevy Caprise wagon.

The '92 GMC was retired as a command vehicle with the purchase of 2441's current vehicle (2001 Chevy Tahoe). At that time, the GMC was stripped of it's roof lights and transfered to the maintainace department. That replaced the original maintainace car, the '80's Caprise.

The current EMS flycar (1993 GMC) served as a command vehicle from 1993 to 2003 at which time the Somers Fire District purchased 2442's current vehicle a 2003 Chevy Tahoe. It was at that time, the fire district decided there was a need for an EMS first response vehicle and that vehcile was assigned to fulfill those duties.

While were at it, MA-13 wasn't always called designated a mini attack. That was the original Engine 185 and it's twin was originally Engine 186 (later to become MA-14). In 1978 an Oren pumper became 185 and the mini's designations were created.

MA-13 was supoosed to have been sold. but the winning bidder never returned any phone calls or mail. It went out to bid again, and should hopefully be sold at this month's District meeting.

Old MA-13 (1966 International) has been sold and has picked it up.