Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remember585

Old Croton Tanker 10

11 posts in this topic

Here's a photo of our old (and original) Tanker 10. This thing was in service from the mid-80's until 1990.

oldT10.jpg

That thing was the greatest. Nothing beat running down to the corner of my street when I was like 5 years old, seeing 119 first with like 8 or 9 guys hanging off the back and jump seats, then seeing that tanker coming down the road followed by the '62 Mack engine. I wish I had pitcures.

Thats hot! I like it! Where did it see service after it retired?

If i remember correctly, I think it went to Pocantico Hills for a short time, and I don't remember where it went after that.

John nice picture who took it lol

Some guy.....Stretz?! Familiar with him?!

Maybe you Could get that one back in service faster then it's replacement :-P :-k :-k :-P

very similar to turn of river's (stamford, ct) old tanker. theirs was made from old engine 64 (b model mack) but their tank was turned around so the canopy section was over the pump panel & then the sides cutout making crosslays. it was sold to a town in ga. in 1986 when their mack superliner/maxim tanker was delivered.

Nothing beat running down to the corner of my street when I was like 5 years old, .

When you were 5? I still have seen you doing it. When you run!

When you were 5? I still have seen you doing it. When you run!

what do you mean ??? that he still stands on his corner and watches the engine and tanker go by ??