Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ems-buff

The Pro-2052 1000-channel Dual-trunking Desktop Sc

18 posts in this topic

does anyone know how good the Pro-2052 1000-Channel Dual-Trunking DeskTop Scanner is with the requirements with today radio

does anyone know  how good the Pro-2052 1000-Channel Dual-Trunking DeskTop Scanner  is with the requirements with today radio

Excellent scanner for the price (approx. $200-$225). Very easy to program and has PL/DPL capability. I just purchased one for my firehouse and no complaints. Yes it will receive Westchester's new analog trunked system, but not Rockland's proposed digital trunked system.

Edited by SteveOFD

sweet thank dude i was also think about buy a outdoor antena for it do you have any products i should think about geting with it

You're right, I'm wrong. That's what happens when you type before you think. I got the Uniden Bearcat 898T for the firehouse. Again very easy to program. Just saw it at Scanners-r-us.com for $175.00. I actually picked up a Pro2052 on ebay about 6 months ago. The version I got was the original "A" model and that one will not scan both trunked and conventional systems at the same time. The newer "B" version supposedly will. For more info on scanners check out the forums section at RadioReference.com

how good is scanners-r-us are they legit. i mean can i trtust them with all my personal INFO and stuff like that

Today ---Radio Shack stores have clearance on the Pro2052 $99.00 out of stock on line.

The Pro- 2096 has the Alpha Display but its big bucks.$$

Edited by Firemn2742A

I got myself the Pro 2055 it's great for $248. PL/DPL, Alpha-Display, Triple Truck tracker, Same Weather alert, signal stalker 2. I think it's great for that kinda price.

$248? :mellow: The Pro 2055 is on sale at RadioShack for $189.99 until 1/21/06, with free shipping online for orders over $50.

$248? :mellow: The Pro 2055 is on sale at RadioShack for $189.99 until 1/21/06, with free shipping online for orders over $50.

I know, I saw that to, but No checking or credit card account , and also i just don't like the idea of sending personal info on the infomation super highway no matter how safe someone said's it is. Ya know. :blink::blink:

Edited by ems-buff

Skip Radio Shack, you never know who actually makes the product. Go with a Uniden BC 785D. Worth the extra bucks and its digital ready.

From posts on other sites you may try taking the receipt back to RS and try to get the difference. Others have tried it and gotten the difference.

Some RS scanners are made by Uniden (Pro 2051), others by GRE (Pro 97/2055).

Edited by SteveOFD

I have the Pro-2052. I have had it for a year and the light that backlights the display went already. It still works fine and I can even pick up NYC sometimes from Northern Westchester. Easy to program, relatively cheap, and it picks everything in the area up with no problems!

If you're looking for a good handheld scanner, RadioShack's Pro-96 is pretty good. It is digital trunking capable. I have tried picking up trunked systems yet, but I have no complaints about any other parts of it. It also has self-downloaded frequencies in it, nothing from around here, just about every NYPD frequency there is.

Skip Radio Shack, you never know who actually makes the product.  Go with a Uniden BC 785D.  Worth the extra bucks and its digital ready.

Just FYI

All Radio Shacks radios are made by GRE.

Radio Shack scanners are made by both GRE and Uniden(Bearcat). The Pro 90, 91,94,2050,2051,2052, and 2066 are all made by Uniden. This info is from Monitoringtimes.com

Edited by SteveOFD