Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ems-buff

whats on 45.88?

16 posts in this topic

ok i know it for state fire (45.88) but who and what is transmitted

Edited by ems-buff

It is used for communications between Counties. Putnam Will call Westchester on 45.88 to request Westchester County Mutual Aid. All Counties in the state have 45.88

For example: at 1512 on Friday August 5 (as I was about to reply to this post) Westchester called Putnam on 45.88 to report an MVA w/ extrication on Rte. 22 IFO the Jehovah's Witness hall.

so i can isten to 60- talk to 40 control

you might not pick up 44 or 40's end of the convo unless you are at a high point or have a big antenna. but you will hear "Westchester to Putnam/Rockland on 45.88..." and whatever else they have to say.

You can listen for 40-Control all you want, but i don't think you will hear anything, unless its the last Sunday of the month.

What do you mean by that ?

"40-Control" now goes by the call sign "Putnam 911".

Sorry I've had a scanner since I was 12 :P

hahaha that must be an old scanner then steve

here's a new question for all of you what are Analog Trunking, EDACS / EDACS SCAT, and LTR? these are some of the features on a scanner i'm looking to get when i get some money the Uniden BCT8 Trunktracker Police Scanner TurboScan BCT-8 for $175.00 from scanners-r-us

Another reason for 45.88 mgz was to give Chiefs traveling throughout the NY state a way to contact a control center if they get flagged down in an area far from there district or dispatch. This is before CELL phones ! 45.88 is still good to have in place.

I didn't get to ask when I visited P-911 a few months back, but does P-911 do the Sunday test anymore? Hitting everyones tones and then making the announcements.

you mean they really do that how many departments do they have to do that ?

13 Departments, 4 VAC's. 10am Every Sunday except the last Sunday of the month when it is done by the Putnam County Sheriffs Dept.(40-Control) to test their equiptment.

i wish you guys could put in a reapeter so that i can hear what going on over from New Ro

I wish they would put up a repeater so I can hear what's going on when I'm in Putnam Valley!