Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
27east

Gas Company in Northern Westchester

6 posts in this topic

NYSEG supplies electric service in Bedford, Lewisboro, North Salem, Pound Ridge, Somers and Yorktown, according to their website. But what about gas up there?

thanks

Can you say "PROPANE ?"

haha yeah thats what I was thinking....I guess there is no natural gas service up there except for that small part of Somers.....

There are parts of Heritage Hills (off Lovell St) in Somers that has natural gas provided by NYSEG. That gas comes off the Algonquin transmition line running through the whole northern part of Westchester County.

There is also a Central Hudson sub-station off Route 6 (also in the Town of Somers) which feeds into Putnam County. Lastly, Con Ed has numerous sub-stations in the nothern parts of the county. Two I know of are in Yorktown (off Gomer St) and another in Peekskill (off 9A).

Interestingly enough, the sub-station off Gomer you would never know it's there (except for all the markings on the lawn). It's enclosed in a structure to match all the other houses in the neighborhood.

My house in yorktown (off hanover, southern yorktown) has natural gas not sure about the rest of the town though....

I have lots of natural gas where I am!