Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RWC130

"Rescue Me" & Yonkers FD

25 posts in this topic

Did anyone catch last week's episode of Rescue Me? Aired 8/16

I noticed in several shots they were using a Seagrave Ladder (Rear Mount)

It really looked like a Yonkers FD spare. The mini stobe lightbars were a good give away too. Not to mention the tiny white pin stripe on the compartments.

Anyone pick up on this?

Also Tommy Gavin had a set of Irons using a Pick Axe. lol

I know this season they did a lot of filming in Yonkers.

yeah your right it reminds me alot of the yonkers segrave truck one thing that gets to me about this show is that they tend to use alot of diffrent trucks like in the cut scenes when they fide the apparutes it seems like there using a newer model and in the firehouse scenes it seems like there using an older model. and in one episode they used a tower ladder

i haven't seen L76 in awhile possibility it was that truck

Could Be? They (Rescue Me) used the YFD Headquarters to film the Original Pilot of the series, so there could be a connection and they might be using the Spare L76 to do some filming. Anyone else have an idea on this?

Does anyone have any info on the firehouse eused in the show a 3 bay any clue to what firehouse this is.

Yonkers FD HQ, I believe...

all filming of rescue me is done at a house in harlem and the rigs are fdny traning trucks and are kept at the rock

A lot of the clips in the opening were shot at Engine 76/Ladder 22. Next time you look you will notice a bunch of the stuff from the qtrs.

In at least 1 episode when Tommy was supposed to be in Staten Island, they used a ladder from the Manhasset-Lakeville Fire Department in Nassau County. The reflective stripping had the truck number in it.

It looks like a queens house with the 3 bays with buildings on the other side of the street.

The truck used tonight is Yonkers Ladder 78.

One of the houses they use is a set they built over in Long Island City. I think it's an old warehouse. I remember meeting some of the guys from the production staff a few months back. Leary was a @$%^& but Daniel Sunjata was pretty cool. I stopped watching the show.

And, you know, that's pretty surprising... Leary makes himself out to be a regular guy, but I guess that he's not.

[They also filmed in Yonkers at the Tyrone House bar at the bottom of Main Street opposite the Post Office and in the City Hall courtroom which is used by numerous productions from films to TV's Dateline. Anybody know if they shot anywhere else in Yonkers besides Fire HQ?

The guy that plays the deputy chief, went to the Sheman Volunteer Fire Department (Fairfield Co, CT) Fund Raiser, I believe he sang and I know that he Auctioned off a day on the set of Rescue Me for two to help the VFD raise money.

The guy that plays the BC is also from the movie backdraft he was the mpo and he is also a ret fdny guy.

if you look carefully in the interior scenes of the station you will notice a few photos of Yonkers rigs on the wall. Replay last nights episode in the scene where Tommy is on the payphone in the station, just above it is a picture of YFD RES1CUE & TL71.

I know they used the NYC fire patrol house in brooklyn for the first show. And all the hocky games are in the ice house in Hackensack NJ.

Most of the firehouse scenes are done in a studio in Long Island City I believe it was an old warehouse. Most of the apparatus used are FDNY spares sent over from the rock, although I saw a Long Island Volunteer rig on a shoot being done in Harlem on Bradhurst Ave when I was taking up from a box.

I noticed a picture of what looked like Yonkers R1 & a TL (ALF Mid-Mount) on last weeks (08/23) episode. It was when Tommy (Dennis Leary) was using the pay phone in the firehouse & talking on his cell phone at the same time. Behind him was a bulletin board with all sorts of pictures and articles on it. If you looked to the right of him, the picture was hanging there on the wall. I'm 99% sure it was Yonkers. Definately R1 & one of the Tower-Ladders. Did anyone else happen to catch this?

I know they used the NYC fire patrol house in brooklyn for the first show. And all the hocky games are in the ice house in Hackensack NJ.

The firehouse in the first episode is no a patrol house, its YFD headquarters

Just to let you guys know the film shots were at Station 1 Headquarters, Yonkers and that is my photo on the wall of the Yonkers Rescue and Ladder 71.

The photo was taken next to the Yonkers City Pier.

Joe Pinto

RWC130

I know this season they did a lot of filming in Yonkers.

they were calling it ohio.

jjpinto...Thats a real sweet picture of R1/TL71! It caught my eye right away! Did you donate it to them or was it in a house that they were using to film in? Either way, very nice picture!

I didn't see it, but they probably copied photos belonging to the YFD.

Law and Order did this with YPD photos which you will see on the wall in the office of actor Dan Florek. This was written about months back in the Journal News. They come to shoot in Westchester about 5 times a year. Too bad "Third Watch" never came up here.