Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BedfordFire

Apparatus in the NYS museum

9 posts in this topic

I was just curious, how many fire departments in westchester county have donated apparatus to the NYS firefighting museum in hudson, ny? If your department has donated a piece could you please the type/make of the apparatus. I know that Bedford donated their 1968 Maxim S...

Rye has a 1929 Seagrave Tractor-Drawn Spring-Action Aerial at the museum. This was the original "Ladder 25" which was replaced in 1955 with a Maxim TDA, the trailer of which we still have today on Ladder 26.

Rye has a 1929 Seagrave Tractor-Drawn Spring-Action Aerial at the museum.  This was the original "Ladder 25" which was replaced in 1955 with a Maxim TDA, the trailer of which we still have today on Ladder 26

I take it thats why your "rear end" is 50 years old

Buchanan also sent U-12 up there when the new one was delivered some time ago. I believe it was the First Portable Compressed Breathing Air Unit either in the State or the Northeren part of the state (not really sure). Also Croton donated the Old Harmon Engine to the NYS Fire academy in Montour Falls. It was a 70's Ward Lafrance.

I do believe that somers also has an older Ward LaFrance pumper up there too

I think you have found a home for ENG 119 until you can find the funds to purchase it for yourself.

I do believe that somers also has an older Ward LaFrance pumper up there too

Not sure about a W/F Pumper, but I know they sent their W.F Rescue (R-20) up there.

As Chris said, Somers did donate their former R20 to the museum in 2001. It is a 1947 WLF rescue truck. One of three made. The last one in existence.