Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CAM502

Beer......

10 posts in this topic

I knew that would get your attention. LOL. Seeing as how I have no social life and just spend all my time on here. Are there any good places that brew thier own local beer?? Whats that hip term... oh yea microbrew right? Are there any microbreweries ( did i spell that right) around?

Edited by CAM502

An awesome place to try is Southport Brewing Co. (SBC) in Norwalk's downtown area, and Southport(Fairfield) CT on Route 1(Exit 19 I-95, right onto route 1). They have all different varieties of their own beer as well as the usuals. Food is good but a little expensive. Def worth a try. :blink:

Diet beer sucks...but it has half the carbs. :-)

I recently went to the Gilded Otter, which is a restaurant and Micro-brewery located in New Paltz, NY.

Their Pale Ale was excellent and I was told that the "hard" Cider offering was good as well.

The food was also VERY good- they make a Meatloaf that combines Beef, Pork, Veal and Chorizo Sausage... extremely tasty! :blink:

If you ever make your way up to Dutchess County, THe Hyde Park Brewery on Rt 9 (town of Hyde Park) is excellent!! Their Big Easy Blonde and Chaos Stouts are amazing. Oh yeah, and their food is awesome too!!! http://www.hydeparkbrewing.com/

If you ever make your way up to Dutchess County,  Their Big Easy Blonde is excellent!!  Oh yeah, and their food is awesome too!!! 

What guy doesn't like a Big Easy Blonde?

good point NYtruckie:D

Edited by JM15

I recently went to the Gilded Otter, which is a restaurant and Micro-brewery located in New Paltz, NY.

I went there last year for my dad's birthday. Awesome place. You actually walk past the giant brew kettles to get to the bar and your tables. They had (and hopefully still do have) a Summer Ale/Lager with Blueberries in it. At first I was skeptical, but it was excellent. They sell "growlers" of beer for about $10. I forget how much it had ounce wise, but basically it was about 2.5 "pint" glasses.

I went there last year for my dad's birthday. Awesome place. You actually walk past the giant brew kettles to get to the bar and your tables. They had (and hopefully still do have) a Summer Ale/Lager with Blueberries in it. At first I was skeptical, but it was excellent. They sell "growlers" of beer for about $10. I forget how much it had ounce wise, but basically it was about 2.5 "pint" glasses.

Blueberries! If anybody is from Croton Falls don't tell Teddy, You might only see the SS' s tail lights. :blink: