Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ems-buff

Where were you on the morning of 9/11?

64 posts in this topic

As most of you well know it's has been 4 years since 9/11 and i was wonder does anyone remember what they were donig that day

I myself was in school getting ready for my first class when my friend told me that a plane hit the world trade center. now i was in 9th grade so i never even heard of the world trade center before. So i was like uh-ok not know that it was such a big important building that it was. Soon after i got in to my first class the superindentant got on the PA and made this whole speach that "we are under attack." i never saw so many teachers and students run out of the class room so fast. Myself include. So i went home faster than you can said jackrabbit b/c i though to my self oh man my cuz is going to be going down there ( he's was with the 101st pct.) sure enogh i was right. thank god he did'nt get kill. but he did get injury a bit.

Any ways the reason why i'm posting this is b/c I want people to remember what they were doing that day so that THEY, US, WE as first responder MUST never forget our brothers and sisters on 9/11.

i went to school at mamaroneck high school i had 1st period free so i was at a deil across the street talking to them about a bad fire harrison had the night before next to willow ridge and then i went across the street back to school and then my friend wanted breakfast so i walk back across the street with him and the guy at the deil said to me you think that fire was bad look at this and when i look at the tv the second plane hit i didn't think that it would be as bad as it was so i went to class but i was thinking about it through class and then another teacher came to are class and told my teacher that one of the tower has fallen and then that was when i left class because i new it was bad i was only in the explorer post at the time but i new thier was going to be alot my department sent a engine in to the bronx i stade at the fire house and did things thier i will never forget that day and that hole week because we did aloot all week :P

I was in english with ms. goldberg. i remember she had that soft voice and said "class, a plane hit the world trade center". I remeber turning to my freind and saying "big deal, why is that worhty of interupting class"( i was in 7th grade if that explains anything). The school told us nothing more then that. Then around 7th period, i was call to the office. By then, we had found out by talking to teachers who had the radio on what had happened. so i went to the office and i was worried someone had died from my family or somthing like that. Go figure my mom forgot to tell me about a dentist apointment i had. i remember getting home and watching the news for the first time and it hit me how bad the whole thing really was.

I was a Junior in college at Boston U at the time. At 8:46 on a Tuesday morning I was still asleep, as was my room-mate. My father was watching TV while having breakfast at his usual spot back home, and my mother was at work. It did not take long for her to call me, because all she said was "Turn on your TV right now" and I did do that, just in time to see Flight 175 hit the South Tower. I immediately woke up my room-mate, and we sat there for hours in disbelief. Meanwhile, my window looked out onto Storrow Drive, which is a highway that leads to Boston Logan Airport. A steady stream of black Suburbans and Crown Vic's went speeding down the road all morning. When we finally left the room to get some food, the city was silent. I remember later that night, needing to get away from the TV for awhile, walking up and down the campus and there was not a sound in the city.

We must remember. I bet your parents and/or grandparents remember where they were when JFK was killed, so I hope that we can all remember where we were when thousands of lives were extinguished.

I was sitting at my desk in the FDNY Manhattan/Citywide Communications Office. Engine 6 gave the verbal over the air. Screaming for a Second Alarm. I took phone calls from people trapped inside the towers. I think that pretty much sums it up.

I was a Watershed Inspector for NYC DEP. I was out of my vehicle opening the gate at one of the reserviors (Boyds Corner) in Kent. As I got back in the truck, Ihaerd Mike Bennett on WHUD say to Kacey that "it only gets worse, now a second plane has just hit the other tower". I finished what I was doing, and wnt back to the office. That day our group spent reposting signs since the City shut down all access. I will always remember that day, I have 2 permanent reminders-- it changed my career forever, not to mention that my anniversary with DEP is 9/11. My hire date was 9/11/1978. a hell of a reminder

I was in my office in Weehawkin looking across at the city sitting at the trading desk with my business partner next to me talking with our third partner via cell phone about to walk into his first appointment of the morning at 1 WTC. Even after the plane hit, we had to convince him to leave and not wait to see if his appointment would be cancelled. We then had to convince him that his laptop, briefcase and blackberry weren't important and not to go into the WTC parking garage again.... Needless to say, he didn't go to get his stuff, and got on a private boat in the Hudson. He'd of been underground when the South Tower fell.

As soon at the South Tower fell myself and a few other vollies in the building thought it would be best to join our companies. I drove up the western shore of the Hudson trying to find an open bridge crossing (I thought Newburgh was going to be my closest option) but the NYSP Officer at Bear Mountain let me though.

Millwood VFC had a contact at Javits center telling us what they really needed (above and beyond water food etc) and we spent the next week gathering money and equipment from Northern Westchester/Connecticut suppliers and sent several 26 foot truck loads of construction & welding equipment directly to the WTC or the 14th Street Armory with the help of a loaned truck from Barr Brothers Moving.

I was in my first class of the day, English with Mr. Flynn (I remember where I was sitting, who was around me, everything), at my school in Manhattan when we were told to return to advisement (homeroom). We weren't quite sure what was going on, but when I walked back into the room where we went first every morning, one teacher was leaving and said, "I'm going to watch CNN, you guys go in here..." and then the first thing we heard on the radio (blasting in the room) was "OH MY GOD, IS THAT THE SECOND TOWER? YES, YES IT IS. THE SECOND TOWER OF THE WORLD TRADE CENTER HAS JUST BEEN HIT BY ANOTHER PLANE. OH MY GOD... THIS APPEARS NOT TO BE AN ACCIDENT ANYMORE..."

Manhattan went into lock down. Our school went into lockdown. Our auditorium quickly became a command center for our school and the schools around us. We were surprisingly incredibly well prepared for this type of thing. As most people know, subways, buses, traffic, everything but walking home was not allowed. There was no way our school (a commuting school) was going to work that way. Students were told if their parents could get here (whenever they could) they could leave WITH them and ONLY with them. I'll never forget how that day went, but it's too long a story to tell here. My father and uncle got to the school (via parking in the bronx, walking nearly 80 blocks, and finally finding a cab willing to drive south, then walking another 20 blocks from the farthest point the cab would drive) at around 4:30. Subways started running out of Manhattan (very limited) around 6:45. We were on the first 4 train out of Manhattan. But then we were stuck on Jerome Ave... long story short, a doctor who was driving home from Montefiore spotted us and was able to drive us home on the Deegan. It's really incredible how it all ended up working out...

There are many details I could share, many too long for here...

That morning, I had gone home from work and realized that I left something at the station, so I returned to find everyone glued to the TV watching the planes hit. Shortly after we were on the way to help.

My partner Rob and I were scared as we were driving to manhattan seeing so many emergency vehicles respinding with us. We were not prepared to come into manhattan and see the city that we all love be a war zone. People were running away frm downtown. Some were injured and in a daze, others just shared. We did not expect to see the things we did the closer we got to the WTC.

I was overwhelmed with emotion, sad, scared and angry that some one could do this to us, to the city that I have gotten to love. On a personal note, going to medic class in Brooklyn at Lutheran Medical Center, I would come back home via the BQE to the Brooklyn Bridge. When you cross the bridge you got the greatest view of the WTC and of lower Manhattan, and all I did that day was think about that. We did not know if we would survive that day I knew that my old partner and best friend Anthony was here too. I did not know where he was. I later found out that he drove by me on the FDR and the way downtown. Anthony survived the collapse getting stuck in his ambulance and then was taken to the Bronx for medical attention.

After the North Tower fell, Rob and I were on our way back to do another run when we got flagged down. This was just minutes before the South Tower fell. We did not know that the news crew that was taping us was transmitting live. Luckly for me, members of my fire department and my family saw me down there and knew that I was alive. I now know what a relief that was for them, and thank you for your prayers. And then the other tower fell.

I was right in the middle of it all. Watching and hearing the towers fall was the most awful thing that I have ever experienced, and then there was silence....

After that you did now know what to think, now your helpless, stunned.

As a brand new paramedic at the time I felt overwhelmed at the amount of people we had to help. Not only were we treating civillians but cops, fireman, fellow EMT's and medics. I recall dropping off patients at NY Downtown Hospital and then loading up with everyone and taking them closer to the WTC to help.

After staging for a while at the ferry terminal, I began to run into some of my class mates from Medic class, and some of my instructors as well. All of us were angry and scared and for those of us that were near the collaplse, happy to be alive and to see someone that we knew and to give them a hug. It was a very emontional day.

As we worked into the night, we found out that one of our EMT's had died. Her name was Yamel Merino. And I had the honor to work with her on a few occasions. What a wonderful person, so joyful. We miss you.

We got pulled out of the city shortly after that. I returned to the base with Rob at some point in the middle of the night. The ride back was complete silence. We returned to see our Bosses there and other employees waiting to help us if needed. After a few minutes of conversations I got in my car and drove home for the night crying on the way home, not knowing if this was a dream or reality.

I walked in at home to find my mother waiting for me, she did not know if I would rerturn that night, I guess that mothers do know when there kids need a really big hug and kiss and that's exactlly what I got...

...To all of those that lost their lives that day...

WE MISS YOU!!!

I was in bed sleeping after getting off a night shift. My wife called me and asked if I was watching the news. I hung up the phone turned on fox news and watched. I called my friend at 60 Control and was talking when the second plane hit. I remember saying "this is a terrorist attack." I then got dressed as my father called me, I said I'm going, and went to Hudson Valley Hospital to meet up with a couple other co-workers and some Cortlandt Medics. We arrived at St. Vincent's when the first tower collapsed and were placed on ambulances as needed. Some of us transported a few patients, helped out with decon at Vinnie's while awaiting to head back out. Thankfully none of us were in the immediate area for the 2nd collapse, but ended up doing whatever needed at that point.

The rest of the day was a blur with silence. No patients to be had, trying to find friends that were working FDNY and being in the 911 system also. I'll never forget the smell of the smoke, or the taste in my mouth, my eyes watery and burning from the particulates in the air. Or the look or smell of the victims the next night, some of the things that had to be done and being on that pile, wondering how in the hell this will ever get cleaned up and hoping things for many people in this country would never be the same.

I remember more the feeling of anger and vengefulness of wanting to rip apart anyone associated with this. The feeling still stirs when I think of it all, the Marine in me never dies, nor the desire to kill more animals for all the terrorism they employ worldwide, but doing on my soil that I served to protect.

I was sitting in my 4th period class, sophmore year of HS, english with Mrs. Calhoun. An annoucement came over the loudspeaker saying that a plane had just struck the WTC. At that point we had no idea how big the plane was and what kind of damage had happened to the building. Kids started running down the halls calling their parents because a couple of them worked in the WTC. At this point, my mom called my cell phone and said she was coming to pick me, my siblings and my neighbors up.

Driving home from school, we were concerened about my dad because he had a meeting in the city around 0930 1000 and we couldnt get in touch with him because all the circuts were busy. Pulling up to the house we ran inside and turned the TV on and just as we did, we watched the 2nd plane hit the North Tower. We instantly knew that this wasnt an accident. A little while later we heard that the pentagon was struck and that the Plane had gone down in PA.

About 10 mintues later my dad came home and thankfully was ok. He said he was driving to work and heard about the whole thing over the radio. Cars next to him had no idea what was going on. People were singing along with the music and not seeming to know about any of it.

im not sure how many of you are familliar with Yorktown, but if you drive down Hanover street (st. south of the FD sta. 1) there is a farm on a hill with a perfect view of the City. Well I'm not sure why we did this, but we grabbed our video camera and went to the farm to watch, videotape and stand in disbelif as we saw the smoke pouring from the city. We took about 10-20 min of video then couldnt stand watching it burn so we packed up and went home.

This single incident alone was the main reason that I joined the FD. To honor the people that gave up their lives so others could be saved. The respect and honor I give to the 343 Firemen who perished in the collapse is indescribable. You will never be forgotten

On a side note, I had the oppertunity to visit the WTC less than a month before they were attacked. We had family friends who had come down from Albany with a cousin who had never been this far east before. He wanted to see the City so we gladly took him down to see it. We had two options to do in the city that day, one was a jet boat ride, and the other was go to the observation deck/ roof at the WTC. I had all ready been to the WTC before and didnt really see the need to go to them again so I wanted to do the jet boat ride. I was voted down by everyone else. To this day I cannot imagine how i would feel if i wasnt able to see the WTC that one last time. I am forever grateful to my family for "forceing me" to go.

I also have created a scrapbook of articals and pictures taken from the Journal News Paper of pictures and articals related to the WTC attacks and Anthrax attacks. If anyone would like to see it, PM me and ill get back to you on how we can set up the arrangements.

i was driving a school bus in the peekskill area doing a handicapped run and i just left the school when the towers were hit

It was one of the first days of my freshman year of high school. I was sitting in my homeroom class when I first heard that an airplane had crashed into the WTC. Then, about 15 minutes later, our principal got on the PA and confirmed what most of us already knew: a plane had hit one of the towers. Then he added something completely new: another plane had hit the other tower. Later in the day, I heard that a plane had also hit the Pentagon and another had crashed in Pennsylvania. Rumors flew around school that day and fear was pervasive. I remember watching CNN in the library with a mix of fear, sadness, rage, and frustration.

Every year on 9/11, I remember where I was and I think on the terrible events of that day and the amazing bravery of the firefighters, police officers, and other rescuers who worked to save lives in the aftermath of that tragedy. Those who perished in the Twin Towers will always live on in my mind and my heart. We will never forget.

9/11 will be like this generation's Kennedy assassination......everyone will remember exactly where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news.

I was at work when our upstairs tenant came down and told us that "a plane" had hit the WTC. I was thinking it was a little Cessna, or something. Once we knew what was going on, we took turns going upstairs to watch for a bit. Once the first tower fell, there wasn't much work going on for a while in our place. We were all glued to the TV.

A lot of people get agitated when people say "Never Forget" and that type of thing. But, it goes without saying that nobody who was alive that day and old enough to know what was happening will ever forget it.

I'd just gotten off work doing a midnight shift at a side-job. I was asleep for only a few minutes when the phone rang...my wife answered; it was her mother, telling her to turn on the TV. Next thing I know, my wife is shaking me saying "A plane crashed into one of the Twin Towers!! It's on fire!!" I'm barely awake, and I'm thinking, "OK, this sucks...." And it didn't really sink in...I was kinda like "OK, a plane crashed...what a horrible tragedy" but still pretty much detached from the whole thing. Then my wife is shaking me awake even more urgently saying "Oh my God, a plane just crashed into the other Tower!" At this point the whole thing starts to break through the haze.

I remember opening my eyes at one point, right after the first tower went down...and my mind still can't grasp...I'm thinking that it HAD to be the camera angle...I was seeing one of the Towers, but the other one had to be standing, just that the one Tower was blocking the camera's view of the other.

A short while later, as we're both dressing and getting ready to head to the FD, my wife is saying to me from the other room "I can't believe one of the Twin Towers is gone...." And at EXACTLY that moment, the second Tower fell...

The rest of the day is pretty much a surreal blur...I only remember that it was a beautiful, sunny day. And how hollow it felt.

God bless all who gave their lives in this tragedy.........

WE MISS YOU!!!

I was work in the battery garage a 1/2 block away when a laboror told about a big fire on the roof. I did respond to the sceen on foot with gear in hand as the tower came down. the rest is history may all the brothers rest in peace. and the rest we all know about.

I was a senior at Marist College at the time..... It was the first day at my new internship at the Dutchess County Sheriffs Office. As i nervously sat in the lobby wondering what my day would be like, I heard from their communications room "Oh my God, a plane crashed into the tower!" As i heard that i originally thought that they might have been talking about JFK, Laguardia, any airport. Then they began to say what tower it was, I was devistated. At that point they called me into the "fishbowl" and i saw first hand the damage that had happened. I turned away from the TV for a second to look for my superior officer to get my assignment and immediately turned back once i heard the scream of one of the dispatchers.

Then i saw it, the second plane. It was at this point we knew this was no mere accident. We were under attack! Now as an intern, an intruder into their world, i had no idea what to do. At that point one of the deputies picked me up at Headquarters and we screamed across the county lights and sirens. First stop was the federal courthouse in Poughkeepsie to meet up with the Lt. that was on the road. We were told to get to the local airport ASAP. We then headed to the airport, not without getting stopped by civilians wondering if we had any more information than they did, but alas, we knew just as little as they did. When we got there we then heard the reports of the Pentagon, shortly followed by the crash of the other plane.

Everyone was walking around like a zombie, no one knew what to do. The LT. then showed up at the airport, wondering who I was. When he found out that was an intern, the deputy was ordered to take me home for my own safety. When i returned to my apartment, I immediately called anyone and everyone i knew at home and that could be down there. My Father and my Brother, were on their way to stand by at the Fire House. And as I on the phone, word came down that they were being called for mutual aide to the city. Being over an hour away, there would be no way I could make it down in time. There was nothing I could do but sit there, in my apartment and watch the the horror unfold. As the hours passed, i met up with friends and learned just how many lives this tragedy touched. All we could do was sit there and comfort each other and pray for the best. Slowly but surely many friends heard from family members, and others did not. The hours turned, to days, and hope turned to despair.

I will never, ever, forget where i was, what i was doing, what i was wearing, the weather anything about that day. Later on in school i was asked to write a speech about what had transpired. I thought I would just add a little piece......

HERO – NOUN- In mythology and legend, a man, often of divine ancestry, who is endowed with great courage and strength, celebrated for his bold exploits, and favored by the gods.

When others ran away, they charged forward. When others reached out for safety, they offered a helping hand. When others cried out, they responded with a soothing voice. And, tragically, many of them died...but in doing so taught us all how to live.

9-11-01 NEVER FORGET!!!!

I had first period free during my senior year of high school. Due to the major lack of parking, i had arrived early and was sitting in the "common area". The Audio/Visual room was right next to me and i saw the A/V teacher go running out. Not 30 seconds later, he along with the principals and vice principals of the High and Middle school went back into the room. Once they left i walked in and watched the second plane hit. that was all i needed to see. I spent the rest of the day wandering around school. I didnt go to any of my classes and sporatically went and watched the coverage on tv.

I WAS HOME SICK THAT DAY AND I REMEMBER MY MOTHER COMEING IN TO MY ROOM AFTER THE FIRST PLANE HIT AND WAKING ME UP SO I CAN GET READY TO GO TO THE DOCTORS AS I CAME DOWN STAIRS AND LOOKED AT THE Tv I SAW THE SECOND PLANE HIT AT FIRST I THOUGH IT WAS A REPLAY OF THE FRIST PLANE THEN I SAW THE SECOND TOWER ALL REAY ON FIRE.

AT THE DOCTOR I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE TV FOR A GOOD 2 HOURS.

ALL I COULD THINK HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN IN AMERICA.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

STAY SAFE EVERY ONE

AND REMEMBER THE BRAVE ONES THAT GIVE THEIR LIKE TO HELP OTHERS

4 YEARS LATER AND STILL NOT FORGOTON

9-11-01 A DAY WE WILL NEVER FORGET

I was in 11th grade at peekskill high school. I didn't hear about it until my 3rd period gym class, about 9:00. Once I heard, I went to the TV studio, arrived just in time to see the 2nd plane hit. I must have sat in there and watched it over and over again for 2 or 3 hours.

i was a senior a lehman h.s. in the bronx. i was supposed to go to bourgouh of manhattan community college which is right across the street from the w.t.c. i decided against it that day.so im in class when the principal announced it over the p.a. system saying there was a kamakazi like attack on the trade center.I said to my self ahh its probaly just a small piper cub type plane. as i was going to my next class i overheard couple of kids talking about how we should go to war after this.im still not thinking about it to hard.i passed by the library where they have setup t.v's and what i saw on the t.v. i was schocked ,horrified,and,broken down at what i was witnessing just a big cloud of smoke no buildings,when they replayed the planes hitting i thought i was dreaming.

I was unloading a trailer of machine parts when i heard over the company PA system-finished unloading the trailer,parked my forklift and left for the firehouse.My employer gave me as much time I needed to do what ever we needed to be done.We have offices in lower Manhattan and on 3rd ave.Luckly all my people got home safe,being the saftey officer for my company,this made me feel good.

I was living at my friend's house and he knocked on the door and said turn on your TV. I was just getting up anyway because I was set to do a 10-6 shift at work (I think back then we had two ALS busses on and the second was 10-6, i forget exactly). As I turned on the TV I recalled the story of the army plane hittign the Empire State Building way back when (1950s?) and thought it wasn't a big deal. Then I saw the second plane hit. My first thought was "My god". I really expected something worse. I half expected to see the flash of a nuke. I knew right away it was terrorism. I'm glad there was no flash. I made my way to work and just as I arrived we got word that the first tower had fallen.

Slowly over the course of the day a few of our ambulances and flycars headed down to NYC with a caravan of volunteer units from surrounding VACs.

The sight of the smoke rising from downtown was surreal. The images of all the roads being closed. The HUNDREDS of ambulances lined up at Shea stadium. People flocking out of manhattan over the 49th street bridge on foot all taking pictures as we drove by like a parade. The shin deep ash all over the place. The lobby of the financial building looking like it was hit by a bomb. It will always remind me of what I'd imagine the apocolypse to be like. Seeing a whole city block on fire. Trucks piled full of body bags. The pile of rubble and torn steel. The remainder of the frame of the WTC (exoskeleton). Seeing fire trucks and ambulances and police cars destroyed. Burnt out cars. The huge line of construction vehicles that passed us at Chelsea Piers heading to ground zero. Huge triage stations setup for patients, yet not many to be found.

It still effects me and everyone else to this day. Never Forget. How can I?

I was sitting in the gym at school, i was in the 7th grade, and remember my principal coming over the pa system, with one of those voices where you know something happened, and he said, there has just been a terrorist attack on the US, and the world trade center had been hit, along with the pentagon. i remember going through the day hearing masses of sirens has fire depts. and ems services made there way for the city, and military planes flying by, not aware that air traffic had been halted yet, thinking oh God, here they come for another attack. while i didnt watch the twin towers collapse, since i was in class, i did make it home and watch from 3:00 on, and watch 7 world trade center collapse and think to myself, why would someone want to do this to us.

"Remember The 343 Who Answered The Last Call Box 8080"

"Support Our Troops."

"God Bless America, We Will Not Tire, We Will Not Fail, We Will Not Run."

I was witness to what happened on the morning of 9-11-01.

I will attach my orginal story from home (if anyone is interested).

All I can say is that I am glad to be alive and still sad at the amount of people who lost their lives.

I will never forget...

Erik

I was working on 860 Hudson Steet in Manhattan when everything happened. I must say working for Nortel Networks only 4 blocks away from ground zero it was one of the most scariest things I have ever seen. We work on the 17th floor in the building. When the first plane crashed it sounded like a bomb went off somewhere. My whole building shook. We all actually watched the 2nd plane crash into the building. I can't bring to words the reaction we had. We sat there totally silent. To sit there and watch victims hanging out of the hole in the tower mad me sick to my stomach. As a former firefighter when something like this happens you first instinct is to run and start helping. But the situation I was in all I could do is sit there and watch. The reason for this is that when commincations in Manhattan go down it is my job to get it back up. I felt helpless. When the 1st Tower came down my whole Switch(Room with telecommunication equipment) shut down and thats where we lost our 911. I had to do everything possible to get it back up and working which took me until 9pm. To sum this all up all I can say is that if these people hate us so much they can get the hell out of America. Where our troops fight so hard to give us the very same freedom that THEY live today. These people have put a hole in my heart that will never heal. An image that will never fade. But the one good thing that came out of this is that they brought a country so close together that we will stand by our brothers and sisters and unite against any of these terrorist and kick them right where the lord split them!!!

I was working in the dispatch at Statflight. An off duty pilot called and told me to turn the TV on channel 2. We discussed the size of the hole, figuring it was a large airliner. As we were watching and discussing we watched the second aircraft hit the other tower. I hung up with th pilot expecting a very busy day.

After the initial 2 aircraft hits I started a mutual aid plan for Medevacs, assuming many of the wounded would be flown out to area hospitals. within 1 hour we had agreements with 8 other Medevacs as far as Boston to come in and work. General Electric had offered 2 of thier corporate S-76 aircraft with 2 pilots each.

Northstar Dispatch had called to say they had 8 aircraft on thier way to Tetirboro Airport to stand by.

Additional crews were called in from Statflight.

Then we waited..... and waited. NYFD continude to update us with info and we updated them with how many we could transport out of NYC. But none were transported.

The rest of my 12 hour shift was spent waiting and hoping no one I knew was in and or around the site.

I cannot describe the sheer terror I felt and saw that day. The images of people jumping from the building, people coming out of the Towers burnt, firefighters and police both in tears. The feeling that I thought I was gonna die while trying to avoid the crumbling towers........the enormity of that day still has a heavy spot in my heart, and I think about the brothers we lost everyday. Some of the best firefighters and most importantly guys one could ever have the honor of knowing. RIP Brothers.....until we meet again!

I was working a daylight surveillance with my FBI/NYPD Special Operations squad when word came over the radio of a plane hitting one of the towers...........

As we raced down the West Side Drive, we all knew that the new war on terrorism had begun...