Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doug_e

JetBlue 292 Emergency Landing @ LAX @ 2025

10 posts in this topic

Catch MSNBC, CNN, etc. for live coverage. Plane to attempt emergency landing at 1725 Pacific time....

God Speed - 292!

Nosegear at 90 degree angle on jetBlue's Airbus A320...

Massive LA City and County FD response

jetBlue has an excellent safety record, aviation experts are perplexed at this time, saying they've never seen anything like it......this may ground jetBlues entire fleet, as well as A320s, worldwide, until this problem is resolved.

I hope all goes well. I am a fairly frequent jetBlue flier on this route, I just flew this very flight 292 a few weeks ago....the plane is usually full with 136 passengers on board. My prayers are with the entire crew and passengers.

Edited by x635

What is that exact reason for the Emergency landing i'm watch it right now on CNN

jetBlue passengers can watch CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News live at their personal seat TV..both have continuing live coverage of this event. Scary. I don't know if jetBlue would turn off their TV's during something like this.....

Here's a photo of the problem:

092105_jetbluelg.jpg

Edited by x635

Crippled Jet to Try Emergency L.A. Landing By GILLIAN FLACCUS, Associated Press Writer

21 minutes ago

LONG BEACH, Calif. - A JetBlue airliner with faulty landing gear was headed for an emergency landing Wednesday at Los Angeles International Airport after its front wheels were turned sideways and unable to retract into the plane following takeoff from a nearby airport.

ADVERTISEMENT

The plane carrying 139 passengers left Bob Hope Airport in Burbank at 3:17 p.m. for New York's JFK airport, said JetBlue spokesman Bryan Baldwin.

JetBlue flight 292 first circled the Long Beach Airport, about 30 miles south of Burbank, and then was cleared to land at Los Angeles International Airport, said LAX spokeswoman Nancy Castles. In between, the Airbus A320 dumped fuel over the Pacific, said    Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Donn Walker.

Earlier at Long Beach Airport, six ambulances lined a runway, along with a handful of police cars and two fire engines. Planes continued to take off and land while the emergency vehicles remained parked at the runway's edge with their lights flashing.

TV images showed the nose wheel turned perpendicular. Its back landing gear was also down but appeared to be in the correct position.

"After leaving Burbank, pilots reported a landing gear indication light on, meaning there may be a problem or issue with the landing gear," Baldwin said.

The crew then decided to return to an airport to attempt to land, he said. The pilots were "able to determine the problem with assistance from air traffic control."

Walker said dumping fuel would help the plane land.

"They can't be that heavy," Walker said.

No other details were immediately available.

They're on final.......please let everything be ok for these people

EVERYTHING IS OK! PLANE HAS LANDED SAFELY!!!! LANDING GEAR HELD UP, PLANE SKIDDED TO A SAFE STOP AND WILL BE TOWED TO A GATE FOR DEPLANING!!!

My prayers and thoughts are still with all those scared people on board, I know if it was me I would have had a nervous breakdown as I am a terrified flyer (but I love to fly) I love jetBlue.

Edited by x635

Great balancing act with the plane. I fly a lot for business and all I can say is I would have ruined a good pair of underware just before I would have lost my mind. Obviously this plane had a great pilot and crew that handled this perfectly.

My hats off to the pilot and crew.