Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndyC3J

Harrison Wetdown next weekend?

12 posts in this topic

In the thread(s) about Harrison's new engine, somebody posted that the wetdown will be October 2nd. Haven't heard anything else about it yet, and if the weather remains nice, I'd like to attend.

If I may safely assume the "public" is invited (unlike Rockland County) can somebody please give the start time, as well as an address of the location and/or directions (from 287)? Also, will shirts and/or mugs be sold?

Thanks in advance for any help.

If I may safely assume the "public" is invited (unlike Rockland County) 

FYI: reason for that is to keep it an FD affair and not have to let just anybody (non-Fire) in to FREELOAD. Otherwise all FD people could have gotten in with either an ID or even wearing an FD T-shirt and pointing it out, most definitly if you are not from that county and they don't know you or even your department. Just to inform.

Edited by ONLOCATION

Yeah, that's what Rockland departments do. Only, a shirt doesn't cut it.....no ID, no entry. NEVER had that problem here in Orange Co. or anywhere in New Jersey in the five years that I've been doing this sort of thing. Never been to one in Westchester or Long Island, so not sure how they work. If a camera-carrying "nobody" like me would be welcome there, I'd love to go. Don't want to make that long of a trip just to be turned away at the door (after snapping a few pics, of course!).

That's my reason for going....taking pics. The food is just a nice bonus, certainly not a requirement, and I'll gladly drop a few $$$ on a shirt, if I like it.

No offense taken.....seen the "freeloading" type a time or two over the years. Ranks right up there with the kids who look like standing in front of the hose line was their bath for that day...LOL! (even better when somebody gets creative and dumps a bottle of Joy in their tank!)

Thats Correct! The LaFrance Fleet (Nice Rigs). Also Lodi is Pretty good but no Foam.

no date set yet for our wet down... I'll let you know when we have a date.

Cool, thanks. Thought I missed out. Guess the original plan didn't come to be?

yeah the plan was Oct 2nd but that fell through. So were working on a new date.