Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x242Steve

46.060 Alert/Testing? 9/27

12 posts in this topic

Tuesday, September 27 around 1530 to 1545 hours

The "Alert" tone (Single Blast, not the Siren-sounding thing) keeps going off on 46.060

What's the deal?

Edited by 242steve

what is 46.06 used for in westchester county because up here in Deleware county new york in delhi it is the main channel for dispatching?

46.06 is the operating frequency for New Rochelle Fire Dept and Pelham Fire Dept, along with 30 A1, A2, and 38 M1.

They must have been testing something in Pelham, because 629 eventually did a 5x5 check with Rescue 45.

I was just curious cuz the alert went off an abnormal number of times.

Sorry for the basically pointless thread...

Was it on or off PL?? I didn't hear anything, however I did hear New Rochelle HQ ask 60-Control about it, which in turn stated they didn't hear anything. I have the PL Tone on, so if it was off PL I wouldn't hear anything.

Was it on or off PL??  I didn't hear anything, however I did hear New Rochelle HQ ask 60-Control about it, which in turn stated they didn't hear anything.  I have the PL Tone on, so if it was off PL I wouldn't hear anything.

Chances are that tone y'all were hearing is a phone line test for one of the radio towers in the County, more than likely the one in New Rochelle.

Hmm... had this scanner since about 1993... No PL here :)

Any suggestions for a scanner that will be worth investing in, keeping in mind the new "radio plan"?

Edited by 242steve

This was a test between 60 control and Verizon. New Rochelle Tower had been down for three weeks and is now back online.

This was a test between 60 control and Verizon.  New Rochelle Tower had been down for three weeks and is now back online.

hah, is that why every time new ro gets toned, it sounds funky. I was getting them real good before yesterday but now it sounds all skechy.

hah, is that why every time new ro gets toned, it sounds funky.  I was getting them real good before yesterday but now it sounds all skechy.

I can't get them in at all. I get no tone, no voice on 33.96. All I get is the company calling 10-4 that they got the run. (I'm in Eastchester, I used to get them just fine, but 46.06 has always been bad.)

Starting to sound right. Notice the same thing last week I have had trouble hearing the dispatcher and I am in New Ro.

I don't know why but it's hard to hear 60 dispatch New Rochelle or Pelham on 33.96. It's all scratchy like