Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BFD1054

Benefit for Buchanan Fire Victims - Spaghetti Dinner

4 posts in this topic

***Spaghetti Dinner***

Date: Saturday, March 20

Time: 6:00pm

On Saturday, March 20th, the members of the Buchanan Engine Company will be holding a spaghetti dinner to benefit the victims of the January 18 structure fire at 142 Bannon Ave. (Bannon Avenue Apartments). All proceeds will go to the victims, including Buchanan Firefighter Gerry Grant, who lost everything in the fire.

Ticket prices are as follows: $15 for adults

$5 for children under 12

50/50 Raffle tickets will also be sold for $5 each

This will be a fun night with good food and friends and even better, it is for a great cause! Many people lost everything that night and there were many young children living there, so any contribution would be greatly appreciated!!!

For tickets, call (914)737-0334 and leave a message for Bobby Outhouse w/number of tickets you are requesting and a call-back number.

*Also, a car wash will be held April 3 @ the Cortlandt Community Ambulance Corps, Kings Ferry Rd./Albany Post Rd., Montrose to benefit the fire victims! Keep your eyes open for further info!

Thank you,

Michael Swankie (BFD1054)

2nd Lt. Buchanan FD

Just saw this on News 12. It's always nice to see a community turn out like that to support their fellow neighbors who lost everything.

I'm sorry I couldnt be there this evening, but it looks like you had plenty of people otherwise!

No problem Seth, thank you for letting me post this event, as it was very important to not only me and my department, but more importantly, the victims. Unfortunately i was at a fire class at the Rockland FTC and was about an hour and a half late to the dinner. When i did get there however, it seemed to be a decent ammount of people there and everyone seemed to be having a good time. Obviously, we would have liked to had even more people there, but it was a good turn out by the community non-the-less. A few of the victims were also in attendance which was real nice because it was all for them and they were able to have a good time. It was nice for me as well to actually see some of the victims, because the night of the fire i was all over the place, and really didn't know who the victims were. No word yet on how much money we were able to raise, but i do know the 50/50 went to $1,800. All and all it was a good night, people had fun and we raised money for a good cause, which is most important!

Just to share some info on the benefit dinner we held....we were able to raise $4,000 for the victims, plus the BFD may very well add in the area of $2,000 to that donation. The night was an all around success and everyone enjoyed themselves. Hopefully the money can at least start to help the victims get back on thier feet!