Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Innovative Fire Prevention Idea

5 posts in this topic

I happened upon this idea twice this morning, once on another forum and another website, and I found it to be pretty unique.

The idea (as I said before, not mine I picked it up off another site)

is called "Tuesday Night Pizza"

You get a local pizzeria to donate pizzas (or purchase them if you have to). Between 1700-1900 hours, you either take a pizza thats going out for delivery or randomly deliver a pizza to a random residence on your fire apparatus. The trick is this- If they have working smoke detectors (or carbon monoxide detectors),WITH working batteries, in proper locations, the pizza is free. If they don't, they pay for the pizza and the fire crew installs detectors.

Another part of the idea is to get the local hardware store or insurance agent involved to donate the detectors.

I think it's a great idea, not only does it promote the use of smoke detectors, but it's great public relations.

Another part of the idea is to get the local hardware store or insurance agent involved to donate the detectors.

I

We tried to get a hardware store to go for this idea years ago but due to "liability concerns", they declined.

VERY COOL IDEA :D =D>

We had a local hardware store donate what must have been like a hundred smoke detectors. We distrubuted them at a fire prevention day we held in conjuction with True Value Hardware and at our annual Halloween parade which is always a huge success. We got a local radio station involved and told people to come down. People love free stuff. As for the free smoke detectors, he was way overstocked and he figured he could use the space in his storeroom, plus he is an all around nice guy. The pizza idea is interesting and wonder if that would work in all communities...

I have 2 Smoke Detectors, 1 CO Detector,

3-10 LB. ABC's, 1-15 LB. CO2, and 2 Water Can's.

Where is this FREE Pizza? haha

I like the idea a lot! Great PR!!

But.... That's a lot of Diesel for "BIG RED."