Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest EMSCOMM80

Communications Operator Trainee Exam 10/15

45 posts in this topic

What was everyone else’s impression of the Communications Operator Trainee Exam today? (aka. 60 Control exam)

I thought the beginning portion, (9-1-1 Calls) was a joke. The coding & map sections seemed time consuming, but not hard. I was entertained by the comprehension part.

I’m curious how long it takes for the list to come out. Anyone have any idea how the rest of the process works and the timeline?

:D

Anyone have any idea how the rest of the process works and the timeline?

:D

If you passed the writing part, you will get a notice down the road to take the typing exam. To be honest, I can't remember how long it takes.

6 WEEKS?! THATS QUICK! WHEN DO THEY ESTABLISH THE LIST...AFTER THE TYPEING TEST?

6 WEEKS?!  THATS QUICK!  WHEN DO THEY ESTABLISH THE LIST...AFTER THE TYPEING TEST?

Yes - but I think it takes a little longer than that. Definatley takes a little longer to establish the list.

I FIGURED IT WOULD BE A LITTLE LONGER THEN SIX WEEKS. I HEARD THE LAST TIME THE TEST WAS GIVEN, THE LIST WASN'T ESTABLISHED UNTIL LATE DECEMBER / EARLY JANUARY.

THANKS 648 :D

Most Civil Service tests take 6 months for results.

I thought the test was ok,I thought It would be harder then it was. I haven't taken any tests in sometime. I didn't relize they walk you to the bathroom that was funny.The voice on the 911 tape sounded funny also they should have made it more intense.

I thought the map out was very time consuming. I thought the 911 tapes were funny. the were so calm a collected it was a joke. lol but i hope i did good though.

The typing test last year was given 1 month following the test, i took the test on a saturday in mid october n went for a typing test around nov17th. i had my results by feb and a offer of employment around early march. its a very quick process compared to other civil service exams

how hard was the typing part of the test? I hope everyone did well on the test.

Last year, the test was given in October, the typing was done in November, and they established the list in mid-January.

The trick to the typing test is accuracy, not speed.

Only 8 or 9 people took the 2004 test- how many sat for it this year?

...and did anyone on this site take the County PD job that was offered to people who were on that list (68-903)?

Edited by 242steve

I didn't see many people at all at the test. I'd say maybe 20-25, The room I was in there were 3 people that didn't even show up.

The room I was in there were 3 people that didn't even show up.

I guess I should have called them... :rolleyes:

Edited by 242steve

Anyone else get their notice for the typing assessment? I got mine today for both the Police Dispatcher and Emergency Communications Operator – Trainee.

I did!!! Now the typeing exam is next, and from what i heard that is the hardest part.

I think its only 20 words a min... thats not too bad.

I think its only 20 words a min... thats not too bad.

that's not the bad part. It's the accracy that's going to be the problem for me alest.

yeah I received mine also. And yes it's 20 words a minute at 97.5% accuracy. So does that mean you passed the first part? And can anyone tell me why they asked for a copy of all my certificates?

My advice, having been through this test before: It's very easy to practice/train for.

Just get a newspaper article, etc and practice retyping it.

It's not a difficult test....but when you write something off as "only twenty words a minute", then that's where the problems begin. Make sure you can do way above that, thirty-forty wpm. As mentioned, don't forget the accuracy. But if you train and practice, it shouldnt be an issue.

Edited by x635

yeah I received mine also. And yes it's 20 words a minute at 97.5% accuracy. So does that mean you passed the first part? And can anyone tell me why they asked for a copy of all my certificates?

They want your certificates to prove that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. ie. Basic Fire Fighter or EMT...etc.

Does anyone know if you find out the results of your typing test right after you take it or do you have to wait until the list comes out?

do you have to look at the pc while typing or can you look at keyboard while typing?

They do not care if you look @ the keyboard. They just want you to complete the 20 WPM accurately.

It's not that hard to pass the test, but don't get caught up in that. Be ready for something much harder. All you really need is to be accurate. 30 words a minute isn't that fast, so twenty is even easier.

Also - when I took the typing portion, there was a problem with the program, and i'm pretty sure everyone got a letter saying they failed. Once they corrected it, those who passed got the updated letters, and their position on the list. Good Luck to everyone

Edited by 648eng119

Bumb.

I just want to say to everyone that will be takeing that typeing test today.

Good Luck All

And i'll see you inside. :lol: