Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firecapt32

Burn Foundation President passes away

4 posts in this topic

New York Fiefighters Burn Center Foundation President Jim Curren passed away this morning after a long battle with cancer. Jim was an inspiration to all firefighters in New York City as well as the country. He wil be missed by all that knew him.

When I was forming BurnCare EveryWhere Foundation Inc. Jim was just the encourgement that I needed to get it moving.

Always with a smile on his face and a hug for every one--may god bless him and may he be in peace finally.

Walter Ferguson

Director BurnCare EveryWhere Foundation Inc.

Jim was a legend in FDNY, where he retired as a Lt. from Rescue 1. Before his retirment in 1995, he was involved in many high profile rescues and incidents. In his off time, he spent countless hours raising money for the NY Burn foundation, including money that went to both victims and towards enabling progressive treatment modalties at area burn centers, including Weill-Cornell's Burn Center. I hope other firefighters are able to continue the trend he started 25 years ago, as burns are a horrible inury that could happen to any one of us at anytime...something that could be devastating, and we should never neglect the attention this issue deserves.....remember how firefighters have fought to open and keep open many burn centers that are sorely needed across this country. RIP Jim.

Funeral Arrangements for Jimmy Curran are as follows:

Wake: Dodge-Thomas Funeral Home

26 Franklin Ave

Glen Cove, New York 11542

(516) 676-1180

Sunday Oct. 23rd

3pm to 5pm & 7pm to 9pm

Monday October 24th

7pm to 9pm

Funeral: St Gertrudes Roman Catholic Church

Bayville Ave. & School St.

Bayville NY. 11709

Tuesday October 25th 10:30 am.

RIP

Edited by x635

A brave man who fought till the end for what he believed in and for himself also. May he enjoy the fruits of the afterlife and eternal peace after a long brave battle.

I know you were very close to him Walter, I'm sorry for the loss.

Rest in Peace Brother!

Just to add to what Tom said, I didn't know Jim personally but knew of him through the Bucca's. Eve's father said he was the best, knew what he wanted and did what needed to be done. May he rest in Peace.