Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stephen morea

banksville apparatus

12 posts in this topic

I notice that their is not much talk about banksville f.d.'s trucks, so i am asking the question of what type of trucks, chiefs cars, and antiques do they run. Any info would be greatly apprieciated, thanx

I believe they run 3 engines (E157, E158 & E159), 1 ladder (L77), 1 Tanker (T7), 1 Rescue (R7) & 1 Mini-Attack (MA11).

Banksville borders Greenwich, Conn. and they run alot of dual response with them. Banksvilles FD is actually considered Greenwich Station 7 if i am not mistaken. That is why the #7 is used in many of their rigs ID #'s.

Banksville also maintians a piece of antique apparatus know as engine 300

For the pictures of all the banksville apparatus go to:

http://www.fdnytrucks.com/files/html/other.../Banksville.htm

also for a picture of their retired fire partol unit see this site: http://www.nefirenews.org/ne/BanksvilleFirePatrol.jpg

I have also been told that there is no ambulance run out of the fire department because the ems calls have been contracted to armonk fire department

Their engine 159 was refurbished a few years ago and here is what it looked like before: http://www.nefirenews.org/ne/BanksvilleMackEngolder.jpg (see first link for updated photo of this rig)

Edited by BedfordFire

i think they also run a utility, according to westchester counties apparatus listing.

I have also been told that there is no ambulance run out of the fire department because the ems calls have been contracted to armonk fire department

Armonk FD ambulance covers all of the Town of North Castle. Being Banksville is a hamlet of North Castle. Armonk is the EMS transporting agency. However, Banksville Independent Fire Company does EMS first response.

On the Greenwich, CT side of Banksville, EMS response is handled by GEMS (Greenwich EMS).

Their utility is there old Chiefs car. It is 1993? Chevy Suburban

Banksville fire dept responds to alot of calls, their tones go off alot . They have a good fleet of equipment that gets the job done. Does anyone know how along they had that ladder truck, I know it is 1968 Maxim, do they have plans on replacing it.

Does anyone know how along they had that  ladder truck, I know it is 1968 Maxim, do they have plans on replacing it.

They have only had that ladder truck for the last three or four years (approx). Prior to Banksville aquiring it, it belonged to the Glenville Fire Company (Greenwich FD, Station 4).

Banksville fire dept responds to alot of calls, their tones go off alot . They have a good fleet of equipment that gets the job done. Does anyone know how along they had that  ladder truck, I know it is 1968 Maxim, do they have plans on replacing it.

I thought that it was actually a 1976 maxim ladder truck...

but i may be wrong

Armonk FD ambulance does not cover the entire Town of North Castle. Valhalla VAC is the primary ambulance for the North White Plains Fire District.

Edited by engine235

Here is what we have in Banksville

Eng 157 2001 KME 1250 500 tank 4000 ft 5 inch hose water source engine

Eng 158 1988 Mack/ward 79 1250 750 tank first due

Eng 159 1984/2001 Mack 1250 500 tank 2000ft 5 inch Mutrial Aid/ Resurve

Tanker 7 1989 Mack 1250 3000 tank

Ladder 77 1976 Maxim 85 ft mid mount

M-A 11 1969 GMC

Rescue 7 1998 Frieghtliner/Rescue 1

U- 58 1996 Chevy Suburban former 2581

Eng 300 1954 Maxim

Car 2581 2005 Chevy suburban