Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
27east

Fairview Fire Dept.

6 posts in this topic

I was looking for some basic infomation on Fairview. I know that they have two stations, 174 & 175 Engines, Ladder 1 and Rescue 3. But I was wondering which Engine is at Station 2 and then really about staffing. Which rigs do the officers ride on? I don't think there is a duty officer's car like some of the other combo departments have.

Thanks all,

Enjoy the weekend...we sure need the rain that's comming....

Station 1 (Rosemont Blvd. C/S Route 119)

Stations is Headquarters and houses Fairview Fire Dispatch and the training grounds, including a roof simulator.

Engine 174 (2002? Pierce Enforcer w/ CAFS)

Rescue 3 (1996 International 4900 4x4/KME)

Ladder 1 (2003 KME 100' Midmount Aerialcat w/ pump)

Squad Bus and Squad Trailer

Utility Van

Car 2121, 2122 (Safety And Training), 2123

Fire Prevention Unit, Including The Fire Safety Trailer

Station 2- Worthington Rd C/S Dobbs Ferry Rd.

Station houses the cascade system and fuel pumps

Engine 175 (2000 KME, Equipped To Handle Automotive Extrication/Rescue)

Engine 176 (198? Pierce, Spare)

Utility 70 (Foam Trailer)

Ahrens Fox Antique (Former Fairview Engine)

I believe the Deputy Chief rides the Rescue generally.

Engine 174 until recently ran out of Station 2, when it was switched with Engine 175.

Also note that Engine 174 recently upgraded its lighting system to include a monster Whelen LED lightbar.

Edited by x635

thanks x635!

Is there a Ltu/Capt as well on the engines or truck? Also, what is their manpower like? How many on what?

Edited by 23piraf

If my memory serves, I recall them having 10 men assigned to each tour, with 3 on each Engine, 2 on Rescue and 1 on Ladder 1. I think the 10th guy handles the communications - but this is based on my 1996 experience down there. I'm sure someone can better explain their resources nowadays.

There are normally 2 officers on duty each shift. The Duputy Chief rides on the HQ engine and the Capt. rides on Station 2 Engine. If there is only 1 officer on duty that officer will ride on the Rescue.

Engine 174 also got a light tower and PTO system installed a few days ago. Two 1000 watt flood lights. :D

Also note that Engine 174 recently upgraded its lighting system to include a monster Whelen LED lightbar.

This post has been edited by x635: Oct 22 2005, 08:33 AM

Edited by TR54