Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Spotted: Tarrytown Riverside Hose

7 posts in this topic

Today, while out excerising our cameras on this beautiful fall afternoon and hunting for the elusive Tower Ladder 78 which we are dying to photograph, myself and 901 came upon this antique Seagrave engine in the parking lot of Riverside Hose. Just wondering if anyone knows the story behind it's past, present, and future??? When did it get (back) to Tarrytown? Would love to see it restored, and hopefully that's whats being done!

Also, I never knew the first firetruck to succesfully use two-way radio was here in the WC!

post-11-1130717748.jpg

Edited by x635

I have a bunch of guys I know from 80 and the Process of restoration has already started. The Motor is down South or out West getting redone and all Chrome and misc. Equipment has been Housed and will start being redone. From what I understand the Rig was found in Michigan owned by a collector who either bought and then restored it to the look of original Factory photo's or he bought it like that. It was painted red after purchased from the Department when replaced by a 1965 Anniversary addition model Engine (Another Beautiful Truck). They have also been doing fundraiser's for obviously funding for this project. It doesn't have a pump. They have had it for about a year know. It was flatbeded from Michigan to Ruscon when it first came back.

Very Cool x635 !!

INTERESTING story !

I wish them good luck in the work on the rig.

FIRST TRUCK IN THE WORLD TO USE A TWO-WAY RADIO. DOCUMENTED IN FIRE ENGINEERING MAGAZINE in 1945.

WE have also recently found our Annaversary edition 1965 Seagrave. Its alive and well,running, pumping, and driving on the estate in Santa Baraba Califorina. Still Looks great and should be back home within a year.

Anybody interested in the 1941 or Learning more about its history. Please contact us @ tfd80@aol.com or 914-631-9504

So does that mean that you guys will have both Seagrave's back as antiques!!

That would be really cool. I always lamented the fact that the Anniversary got away. Where will you guys house them both.

Also congrats and good luck w/ them both.