Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest x2371

Spy Photo-Thornwood Rescue 75

17 posts in this topic

post-2-1131320976.jpg

Here's a pic of their new Rescue. I sent a bunch in, should be posted soon

Nice rig! May they enjoy many years of reliable service with her!

I dunno, I think they're getting carried away with the yellow stripes. A little big aren't they???

I LOVE it! What a nice looking rescue/engine!

Its going to be rescue 75, very interesting good asset to the dept especially for car accidents

From The Tyler fire Equiptment Website

Thornwood Fire Dept., NY - Dashâ„¢ Rescue-Pumper

Dash chassis, Detroit Diesel Series 60 engine, full depth-gull height compartment with slide out tool board, numerous adjustable trays and shelves, dual hydraulic reels, TAK-4â„¢ Independent Front Suspension, Command Zoneâ„¢ Advanced Electronics System, Side Roll Protectionâ„¢ Control Zoneâ„¢ Pump Panel, XRT Hydraulic rescue tool system, Wilburt TMD 5-20 light tower with auto store, (4) 1500 watt Nova lights, (5) 500 watt recessed quartz lights

New Delivery RESCUE section

http://www.tylerfire.com/firetrucks.htm

Edited by TR54

Any particular reason why they call it 'Rescue' instead of 'Engine'? There is still a pump panel under that one slider, is there not?

Sweet lookin' rig, regardless of what designation it carries. Hopefully I'll get to check it out in person some day.

Maybe like what a lot of departments do, designated the primary function of the unit. If it's gonna carry all the rescue tools, then it should be a rescue. Doesn't matter to me as long it does the job.

TFD guys, Good Luck with the new unit!

Not bad looking, hope it serves you well, which I am sure it will.

One question - why cover up the pump panels? Just wondering because I've seen it before but never found out why.

What will become of Engine 88 now?

Great looking rig, best of luck with it! Is it down from Elmira yet?

On a side note, there should be some regulation regarding rig designations. Not for any reason other than avoiding confusion. This goes for "rescue-pumpers" being called rescues and some Tower Ladders having "ladder" designations. Whats the point of having a separate numbering system for Ladders and Tower Ladders if, for instance, both Tower Ladder 1 and Ladder 1 are Towers? I know that many would say that a truck is a truck and I might agree, this really just underlines the need for some changes in apparatus numbering or at least some clarification of what makes a certain type of truck what it is.

I like the roll-up door over the pump panel. Stylistically, it's quite attractive. But I imagine it has some practicality as well, such as keeping dirt and debris from the pump panel, and snow and ice off in the wintertime.

Great looking rig, best of luck with it!  Is it down from Elmira yet?

Its in service and has all ready been out on the road. Its called a rescue because its primamry function is as a rescue. Just like all of those trucks out there with pumps on them, doesn't make them engines. They are still trucks. This is still a recue. Just with the bonus of a pump. If I'm not mistaken it doesn't carry hose or water.

Edited by ny10570

If I'm not mistaken it doesn't carry hose or water.

I can understand a truck having a pump but no water/hose so that it can pump its own ladder pipe, but I can't much see the point in putting a pump on a rescue and not at least having preconnects and a small tank to cover a car fire or initial attack.

I believe Rescue 9 out of Valhalla has a 300 or so gallon tank and a 500-1000 gpm pump along with a crosslay or two.

It has water and hose. When the rest of my picks get posted you will see the hose bed.

what level of training do the members of this rescue/engine have and what rescue disciplines will they be able to perform, ie: collapse, trench, etc.

Edited by Lieut2

Aside from the sliders over the pump panels, it looks just like any other Pierce rescue-pumper I've seen. Much better than those new rear-mount jobs which look like heavy rescues but are actually engines.

the main reason dept's are going with rescue pumpers is for their ISO rating.. they can't justify just having a rolling toolbox that can't put a fire out. plus commiting members to the extensive training required to be a "true" trained Rescue company. so they stick a pump, water, and some hose on it. and you have yourself an engine with some extra compartment space. It works..