Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndyC3J

Tarrytown Wetdown

4 posts in this topic

I know there's at least one Tarrytown guy on here, hopefully he (or somebody) can answer a question or two.

For Saturday's wetdown, are they planning on displaying Tower Ladder 78 all jacked up with the aerial in the air like about 90% of the other aerial wetdowns I've seen? Or, will it simply be parked "as is"?

If it will be all set up, approx. what time will it arrive at the site? I want to make sure I can get there early enough to get some decent pics, since it'll be dark before the event ends. Already missed it twice so far, don't want to have to wait all winter for another chance.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I know there's at least one Tarrytown guy on here, hopefully he (or somebody) can answer a question or two. 

For Saturday's wetdown, are they planning on displaying Tower Ladder 78 all jacked up with the aerial in the air like about 90% of the other aerial wetdowns I've seen?  Or, will it simply be parked "as is"? 

If it will be all set up, approx. what time will it arrive at the site?  I want to make sure I can get there early enough to get some decent pics, since it'll be dark before the event ends.  Already missed it twice so far, don't want to have to wait all winter for another chance. 

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Starts at 1 PM sharp and it will be jacked up depending on weather conditions

Well, I'm going to get there as early as I can. If it works out, great. If not, I guess there's always next year.

i stopped down at the wet down for a few minutes. i couldent stay long but the TL is pretty nice. the captain Mike Coffey and all the members are working and training pretty hard on the truck and it should be a nice addition. id hate to be the one driving that truck tho. 11 feet behind the rear axel is pretty big.