Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IzzyEng4

Aviation Co. 3

13 posts in this topic

Is Aviation Co. 3 back in service yet and doe they have a firehouse since they were being / got removed from their old building? Any updates yet? Nothing is on thier web site. It's been awhile, close to 3 to 5 years now it seems.

What is Aviation Co. 3?? A chopper??

It is a volunteer fire department located in the southeast Bronx. It used to be a summer home community that are now full time residences. Yes I do believe they are still operating with 3 engine companies. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I believe engine 96 and ladder 54 are the closest fdny companies.

there still operating not sure about there firehouse. there closer to engine 72/sat 2. they have 3 engine companies the 1989 e-one the 2001 spartan and the 89 alf which is a spare/ parade truck. 1 battalion chief, 1 van thats lettered as emergency response unit, 2 ambo's i think

Here found this I may help with some info

www.aviation3.com/news.php

Here found this I may help with some info

www.aviation3.com/news.php

I I've checked here too. The web page has not been updated in some time. I tried e-mailing them but go no reply yet.

How do they receive funding?

I believe all the Volli companies in the city have a budget line in the city charter for $$ from the city, but it's a silly amount something like $1000 a year. The rest they get from donations, and fundraising.

Avation Co. 3 is in the Bronx by the 43 PCT. and Engine 96/ Ladder 54. They were last operating out of trailers since their building was condemned. Even when they were in service they didn't do much for the area.

The ALF is something like a 1980, definitely not an 89. The old firehouse is in the confines of the 43 PCT. E-96/TL-54 first due. It's a pretty long haul for 96 and 54 to get in there. But it's a straight run right down White Plains Road.

Last I heard they were still in service with plans for a new building.

Anyone know how they are dispatched? I’m sure FDNY doesn’t get involved with them.

I know they had at least one ambulance… are they recognized as part of the 9-1-1 system?

I don't believe they are part of the 911 system. As for dispatching them, they may call us and give us an alarm or hit one of the ERS boxes in the neighborhood. That's about it. We really don't acknowledge their existence.

I had posted in another section of the forum. I went by thrie old quarters. Or the location of their old quarters, and it's gone. Everything is gone. The trailers, the apparatus. I asked what their new location was and someone gave me an address in Queens.