Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chris498

Retired Apparatus Sitings

16 posts in this topic

I found this on line this morning while surfing the web. The rig I am talking about is the Red and White GMC/Young Mini-Attack. This until was built for Millwood FD and was retired around the time the Ford Saulsbury Mini-Attack and Rescue were delivered in the late 1980's.

So here is the deal.... as we all surf, if you spot a rig online that used to serve a Westchester FD.... like the old New Rochelle Pierce, and now this rig, add the link and let us know what we are looking at. I hope we all find some cool things!

http://lfd.tirrell.com/apparatus/apparatus.htm

NO WAY... Our old E-246 I mean MA-10 I mean R-36 .... I can't believe that this thing is still on the street. Hopefully they converted it to a diesel it was a gas fired pig.

Found Site with photos of Twin Pumpers LMFD

1971 Young Crusader 1250GPM Twin Pumpers

LAKE MOHEGAN NY

http://www.thefirehall.net/Young_Fire_Equi...s-Crusader.html

There were 43 Young Crusaders built, including 28 pumpers and 14 with Pitman Snorkels. Two bare chassis were also built for other manufacturers. The last Crusader was delivered in 1973.

Retired Ardsley Engine 164 can be seen under EMTBravo past Featured photos by Chris498.

TR I THINK THE SAME DEPT BOUGHT BOTH YOUNG CRUSADERS FROM MOHEGAN ENG'S 254,255

I WILL LET YOU KNOW MORE WHEN I FIND OUT

does anyone know if there is a search page that will help me locate a former piece of apparatus that was sold?

There is no definative list. Try doing a google search with the make and year year of the truck you are looking to find.... you might also type in your departments name with the other info..... for instance:

"1959 Maxim" & Yourtown Fire Department

Also, SPAMFAA (sp?) Prints a list every year of apparatus owned by members. This spread sheet usually lists the trucks original owner. Send me a Private Message with the info and I'll check the list and I'll send you the info to join SPAMFAA.

mellor 's old maxim is now located in vermont owned by me if you want to see a photo of it go to leatherbucket.com/maxim/ and you can see a photo of it before i drove it home

http://www.exit109.com/~mikezac/images/win...alake-old-s.jpg

Found this photo of an Osh Kosh / LTI  low profile tower.

Looks like the retired  Mahopac FD low profie aerial !

Just wondering if anybody knows where the truck is now?

Mahopac's 1976 Oskosh/LTI was traded in to Nichols Fire Apparatus in 2002 wen we got our new E-One. They immediatly sold it to the Kingsbury Fire Company in Washington County as part of a pre-arranged deal. It is still in service up there. I am waiting for a recent photo so I can post it here.

I believe Winnona Lake got thiers as a temporary truck when thier old one broke down and thier new one was still in the process. Thats why the truck was white/red instead of thier cream color. I believe it was traded in on thier new ladder and is now in th eused market out thier somewhere. Someone from Orang County may be able to elaborate.

Edited by EJS1810

Pelham Eagle Engine 6

Pelham Manor has 2 Clasics. (Not sure of the #'s though)

If anyone comes across the 1973 Mack from Village of Mamaroneck let me know. I have heard that it went down to Viginia somewhere. I have tried all kinds of searches on the internet and can't come up with anything. Or the 1963 seagrave Tiller.