Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

Contest Idea- Best Station Holiday Decorations

19 posts in this topic

Even though the holiday season doesn't begin until Santa arrives in Herald Square, I was thinking of a contest for this holiday season.

Members would submit photos of their firehouse, EMS station, or precinct decorated for the holidays. We would post the photos submitted, and have members of the site vote on their favorite.

Just a holiday themed idea.

Does anybody even do a nice job decorating their firehouses anymore??? And would anybody submit photos of their firehouse and/or participate?

I am a memeber of Washington Engine Co. in Croton and every year we take time to decorate our firehouse. I think that is a great idea and would love to send pictures in and see other firehouses as well!

I think It would be a great Idea! Would Definitly Participate In that.

A good idea, Pleasantville always does up our HQ will send in some pics.

I am a memeber of Washington Engine Co. in Croton and every year we take time to decorate our firehouse.  I think that is a great idea and would love to send pictures in and see other firehouses as well!

This year, our firehouse is going to be insane. They placed me in charge of the "holiday decoration committee." Needless to say, anyone who knows me, knows how nutty i can be when it comes to lighting something up!!!

This year, our firehouse is going to be insane. They placed me in charge of the "holiday decoration committee." Needless to say, anyone who knows me, knows how nutty i can be when it comes to lighting something up!!!

Hahaha that's all i have to say about your post.

Good luck to all that enter the contest.

Washington Eng Firehouse - Croton, NY - Stage 1

MORE TO COME!

post-721-1133206840.jpg

Art, Im sure you can do much better than that. That looks like just another house on anystreet USA.

Art, Im sure you can do much better than that.  That looks like just another house on anystreet USA.

Is that picture taken before or after they all fell down by the front door?

I drove past Elmsford firehouse tonight, it's simple but looks nice. For the holidays, do you guys switch one ladder for one engine to get a "red & green" theme in each house?

Art-

No strobes?

You disappoint me, young Jedi.

Where's 119's old lightbar?

Strip the rescue....never be missed.

And 82's car?...........just return the stuff later.

Just take anything off Archville's apparatus........like you need lights to cover 2.5 acres of district.....

A little duct tape, zip cord.......

Art, Im sure you can do much better than that.  That looks like just another house on anystreet USA.

Did you miss where it said "MORE TO COME!!

LOL - we've got plenty more where that came from -remember, this is only stage 1.

And as for the lights falling... :unsure:

- thats part of the effects - remember - icicles fall when it gets warm out. Well, all i can say is it was warmer than usual today!

Did you miss where it said "MORE TO COME!!

LOL - we've got plenty more where that came from -remember, this is only stage 1.

And as for the lights falling... :unsure:

- thats part of the effects - remember - icicles fall when it gets warm out. Well, all i can say is it was warmer than usual today!

Icicles or not You need to step it up brother. And next year your doing EMS with me

I drove past Elmsford firehouse tonight, it's simple but looks nice.  For the holidays, do you guys switch one ladder for one engine to get a "red & green" theme in each house?

lol

good idea but no!

We should just spraypaint the ladders Red for christmas!

(FIRETRUCKS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE RED!)

Just kidding :unsure:

Live Oak (Elmsfords Engine House) will be decorated soon!

Icicles or not You need to step it up brother. And next year your doing EMS with me

Yeah, sure, AFTER i finish my firehouse

Skooter 92 - Leave Archville's equipment alone, it's been earmarked

without Archville's equipment, how would Scarborough decorate their house?

This time, blow out the candles BEFORE you leave for the call.... :unsure:

WOW you guys are allowed to do alot to your houses. I've tried to get something going at mine but just face alot of oposition and told not to go there. Not too sure why I think it would look nice with some simple stuff. Have you guys faced this problem? What did you do to get around it or go through it? I know there is alot of politics that are stopping me. ;)

Yeah, sure, AFTER i finish my firehouse

So i'll have to make an appointment for 2yrs. from now eh? LMAO

Jybehofd-

Actually, it's not resistance you're running into, it's just that huge-a$$ WalMart of a building you Armonkers put up....yer broke, boy. No lights for you.

Or is it they're afraid with lights on it, some pilot's gonna mistake it for a runway at the county airport and put a 737 into the lounge?

Bump

So with the exception of 648, who else is submitting photos of there fire/ems houses.