Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Yonkers '06 New Deliveries

14 posts in this topic

From an anonomyous friend who is a high-ranking source in Yonkers Fire. The following information is confirmed:

Yonkers is due to recieve 3 American LaFrance Eagle Pumpers and 1 ALF Eagle Rescue pumper due for delivery January 06. Also, a new ALF Eagle tandem axle rescue and 2 Smeal rear mount ladders are due late '06

From what it sounds like to me, the new Rescue will be like nothing seen around here before!!! I am looking foward to it, and all the deliveries! Yonkers will have quite a nice, modern fleet by the end of '06!!

I guess I'm not done building Yonkers models afterall! I want to see that Rescue

in detail, may have to make a road trip and get some pictures.

The same goes for the new Rescue Engine.

I guess they are quite happy with the Smeals. I wonder if the new ones will be on an HME chassis also?

Edited by Stepjam

I can find out if they are going to be Spartans of HMEs on the ladders. We have an order of a Smeal rescue pumper from NEFEA and I'll be talking to the owner soon. I'll let you know. I think they are HMEs due to a previous conversation but I could be wrong.

I believe the new trucks will be similar to the current 72/73, and be on the HME chasis.

Boy, JJPinto, 901, and Truck4 will have their work cut out for them in the first half of '06!!!

Can anyone say: Engine 3?? spy shot? Thanks again to the member who provided this photo :):) !

post-11-1134439494.jpg

Edited by x635

Was that photo taken at ALF in South Carolina OR at Campbell Supply in New Jersey? It might be either 303, 304 or 314 (I believe that these are the 3 Front Line Rigs being replaced).

I think the three new pupmers/sqd are SQD-311, 304, 303. THe new rescue will be like Chicago FD (Featured a few months back in Fire House or Fire Enginnering) L74 and L70 the new ladders. Yonkers has really mad an effort to keep their rigs uptodate in the last several years.

They Smeal ladders will be twins to the UT 100's on HME chassis. I was at the plant back on Monday for our truck and they are not in production yet. I'm going back in February for our final and I'll see if the chassis are in and other info for you all.

Izzy

When the new arials arrive one will be going to 74. The old ladder 74 will then be operating as a NEW TRUCK Co. 77 out of Ridge Hill. Late in 06.

When the new arials arrive one will be going to 74. The old ladder 74 will then be operating as a NEW TRUCK Co. 77 out of Ridge Hill. Late in 06.

I've heard this rumor for a while, thats great!! Excellent addition for Yonkers, way to go!!

Wow Adding a new company. That is great. I know they closed a couple companies down in the past. Finally some good news!! GL to the Yonkers FD.

Great to see the New E-303, E-304, AND E-314 on the Assembly Line at ALF, that are due in March 2006. Any word on when Yonkers plans on taking delivery of their New ALF Eagle Rescue Pumper Squad 311? (Originally supposed to arrive in Yonkers in January 2006). Also, interesting to hear about the fact that Yonkers is going to commission "Ladder 77" for the Ridge Hill Project (originally word was that it was going to be Ladder 76). If it is going to be "77" (which is great), what number designation are they planning for the Spare Tower Ladder (currently 77)? [Maybe Reserve TL 76?]. Also, any word on whether or not the Newly Commissioned Ladder Company 77 will be housed with Engine Company 310 at a New Station 10 near Ridge Hill? (If so, I would hope that YFD would make Station 10 the YFD Muesum and scrap the plans of using the Old Station 8 the Museum). If anyone can share any insight on these few quesetions, that would be terrific.

In addition to the Questions raised above that I am hopeful someone might be able to answer. Any word on the anticipated delivery time on the 3 New HME/Smeal Rear Mount Ladder Trucks for YFD?

Rigs are nice lookin', suprised though that they won't be in until March. They look nearly completed. Curious, are they exactly the same as the other most recent engines yonkers bought or have they made any changes after working with these rigs for a few years? Changes to compartments, lay out ect. ect.