Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Task Force 7

Fort Worth Apparatus Photos

10 posts in this topic

Here's some photos from Fort Worth, Texas (aka COWTOWN)

Truck 1

Engine 5

Engine 14

Quint 9

(All photos are property of Task Force 7) ENJOY!!

NICE Rigs and photos!!!

Two questions though.....

How could you take a picture of Quint 9, when it is here sitting on my shelf?

Where is the pump on that engine????

I love the layout, with the easy to see tank levels, eyebrow lights, low hosebeds, "smokestack" exhaust, light tower, etc!!! Also I like the "Top Gun"...is there any story behind that?

I was in Fort Worth a few years ago visiting a relative, and I saw a few Ladder tenders and few ladders. Are these new quints replacing the Ladder Tenders?

The Ladder Tender is only at Station 8. The reason for it was that the old Truck 8 failed, and none of the reserve pieces fit in Station 8. So while ALF was building the new midmount aerial/tower they bought the Ladder Tender to use as Truck 8. Now when the new aerial/tower goes in for service the Ladder Tender becomes the first-out for Truck 8. The other Ladder Tender is now called Rescue 14, and is used as a Heavy Rescue.

Seth: The pumps are in the left rear and right rear roll-up compartments. :D:D

I definately agree with Seth on this one, those are sweet rigs! The first thing i noticed was the low, easy to reach cross-lays, that is definately beneficial to any firefighter! I don't know why other apparatus aren't designed that way :-k These rigs seem very firefighter friendly, always a good thing! I also like the light-tower, that is awesome! You almost can't even see it, very low profile. I don't know why more units don't have light towers, they are a nice feature, like Peekskills E133 has. I also like the location of the deluge gun on the rear of the rig! These engines look more like rescues, definately cool though!

Just a few questions for ya TaskForce...... 1) does every FWFD Engine have a light tower? 2) What company designed these rigs? and 3) May be a dumb question, but i never knew what those lights (green, blue, yellow & red) were for on the sides of the rig (between the 2 cab doors), maybe you could answer that? i'd appreciate it!

Seth, I too like the Forth Worth FD pieces that Code3 put out (i'm assuming thats what you were talking about lol), i know i put my order in for all three (E7, TR8 & Q9)!

How could you take a picture of Quint 9, when it is here sitting on my shelf??

Simple!!! Remember when I said your blah..blah was somewhere in "COWTOWN?" Well....... :-#

Also I like the "Top Gun"...is there any story behind that?

Seth...sorry about that!! I didn't see that question last night. Yes, the name Top Gun does have a story behind it. Back in 1990, (I believe) Fort Worth Engine 5 was the busiest Engine Company according to the Firehouse listing. Over the years Engine 5 has been the busiest Engine Company in Fort Worth.

Just a few questions for ya TaskForce...... 1) does every FWFD Engine have a light tower? 2) What company designed these rigs? and 3) May be a dumb question, but i never knew what those lights (green, blue, yellow & red) were for on the sides of the rig (between the 2 cab doors)

BFD1054...here's the answers to your questions...

1. Every Engine from 1995 to present has a light tower mounted on them. They're Command Light, and fold down over the hose bed. The Hazmat Squad, Ladder Tender 8, and Rescue 14 have these light towers also.

2. The Engines are from General Safety out of Minnesota. They are mounted on a Spartan Metro Star Cab.

3. The colored lights on the side is what Seth was talking about. They indicate the water level in the tank. Green meaning full, and red meaning empty.

BTW....I mentioned in my last post about Station 8, and the purpose of the Ladder Tender. The Ladder Tender has a pump/tank/and carries a crosslay. Station 8 will be replaced with a brand new station located about 7 blocks West of the current station. I also mentioned about the reserve aerials not fitting in the station. Fort Worth's reserve trucks are mid 1980's Sutphen Quints with a 75' Aerial/Tower.

Any other questions feel free to ask. I'll try to answer them for you.

:blahblah: :blahblah: :mrhappy: :mrhappy:

Thanks Task Force for getting back to us soo soon! Sounds/seems like Fort Worth has thier stuff together and know how to design a descent rig! I kind of figured the lights had to do with the tank level, it was the only thing that made sense lol! That is a really cool idea! You said Seth had talkied about this before...if i remember correctly, these lights are exclusive on General Safety rigs only, right? Anyway, thanks again! The pictures were awesome, as well as all the info you provided!

I've got a question regarding the 135' Ladder you posted awhile back....why do you need a ladder that tall? It's also gotta be a tiring climb.

these lights are exclusive on General Safety rigs only, right?

No. I've seen the tank level lights on several different apparatus mfg. If you look at my website, you'll see Waco, Texas has them on their Pierce Engines.

I've got a question regarding the 135' Ladder you posted awhile back....why do you need a ladder that tall?

Truck 14 (MASTERS OF DISASTER) is a 135' E-One Straight Stick. The reason for it is this Truck is assigned to the High Angle Rescue Team. So they had to have the biggest stick. :D:D

Here's some more from Fort Worth.

Engine 2 (The Fightin' 2) That's Headquarters in the background.

Squad 2 (This is the Hazmat team)

Truck 8 (That's Ladder Tender 8 parked beside the Truck.)

Engine 24 (The HOUNDS filling in at Station 27.)

IM000234a.jpg

Engine 28 (Notice the Side/Topmount Pump Panel)

Attack 33

IM000153c.jpg

(All photos are property of Task Force 7)