Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firecapt32

2005 training

7 posts in this topic

It's the end of the year so lets take a quick survey and find out who uses the training center the most?? any guesses?? how about which Department produced the most State Certified firefighters this yr?? which courses did you like the best ??which ones do you want to see more of??

Is the training center on the right track? Its our training center lets make it better.

My guess for the department that produced the most certified FF's is Ossining or Port Chester. I must say recently the courses that have been coming out are great. I wish the highway safety course was available again, I wanted to take it but wasn't a time a year I was able to take any courses (tax season). I have a question for firecapt or als what courses did FF1 replace. For example pre FF1 our department required all members to take essentials, inital attack I, and basic truck. Whats couses should they have to take to be equivalent to those. Also since we had a topic about what should officers requirements be what should the requirements be, in couses, should every department require for firefighters.

not sure off the top of my head but a call to the training center wil produce the answers you are loking for

I think ff1 is the equilivent of basic/intermeditate with haz mat added /confined space plus it lets you avaiable to take the national ff1 testing but callthe centr to make sure

we in pelham manor got shut out of 2 training center days this year but we still had 2 good days up there.

i think they should put windows on the tower that close, like the metal ones on the other training buildings, so we can smoke it up a little for a apartment fire simulation.

The equivalents of FF1 and FF2 can be found on OFPC's webpage under certifications. For example the prior class equivalent for FF1 would be

Basic Firefighter (91),

Intermediate Firefighter (92), and

Hazardous Materials First Responder Operations (31)

or

Firefighting Essentials (02),

Initial Fire Attack (10),

Firefighter Safety and Survival (28),

Fire Behavior and Arson Awareness (03), and

Hazardous Materials First Responder Operations

OFPC

Off the top of my head, I am positive that the Croton FD utilized the County Training Center a total of 18 times in 2005. In addition, we also made trips to the Orange County Training Center and the Middletown Township Training Center in New Jersey. Some months we were at the WCFTC twice, and one month three times.

I will know the exact amount of hours this year we drilled - not just at WCFTC - but in total at my Engine Company. Last tally of hours I compiled was near the 100 hour mark at the end of October. I know that Captain Jadkowski has got to be tired of hearing from me....

In addition, our Engine Company produced 6 EMT recerts and 2 new EMTs. One became an AEMT-I as well. Several members (I think it was 8) from Station 2 also made the journey to the NYSAFS this year. Some of our members received certification levels for Firefighter I, Extrication Technician, Haz-Mat First Responders, Fire Service Instructor and more.

The core group of the Croton FD's Washington Engine Company is a well-oiled and very productive team. I am more then pleased with the productivity, spirit and dedication of these fine men. I think most of them also spend countless hours viewing this site, as well as other great Fire Service links to keep their minds sharp.

Check back to our site - www.engine119croton.org in January for a full review of 2005.

Thats exactly what we need to hear congratulation to the men and women of Croton F.D. keep up the good work.

For the rest of the County Croton has set the standar pretty high give allof us somoething to think about

have a safe holiday

firecapt32