Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

VAFD New Ambulance 48B1

13 posts in this topic

Christmas has come early for the Montrose VAFD, as they received a new Ambulance on December 22, 2005. The new rig will replace 48B1, it is quite a piece of equipment. The new 48B1, is a 2005 Ford E-450 Super Duty 4x4, with a large box, and also features a regular cab from the exterior, but the interior is actually extended, with plenty of room behind the crew seating..

Hopefully the new 48B1 will be in service within the next week, and the lettering and fine tuning will be completed. Also to note we have been notified that another new Ambulance is also on the way, it will be designated as 48B2, and will be used as a reserve rig for the Montrose campus and Dutchess one as well.

Edited by 1191stdue

Congrats on the new rig delivery Jim! I just heard this news about an hour ago by one of your partners-in-crime lol! Sounds like a real sweet rig! Best of luck with it!

IT'S A LITTLE BARE BUT AFTER THE LETTERING IT WILL BE A NICE LOOKIN VEHICLE...

IT'S A LITTLE BARE BUT AFTER THE LETTERING IT WILL BE A NICE LOOKIN VEHICLE...

So does this mean my Cortlandt VAC pager won't be activated as much when you guys start doing the calls on campus?

Please say yes, please!!!!! Congrats on the new bus - did it come with any elephants painted on it to keep Ed happy???

DEFINITELY NO ELEPHANTS!!! HONESTLY I DON'T SEE A CHANGE IN THE NEAR FUTURE IN REFERENCE TO THE VAFD DOING TRANSPORTS OFF STATION. THE GOVERNMENT HAS A RULE THAT WE HAVE TO HAVE A MINIMUM OF 4 FIREFIGHTERS ON AT ONE TIME, SO THIS WOULD MAKE IT VERY DIFFICULT. WE PRESENTLY OPERATE WITH 5 MAN CREWS, BUT DUE TO SICK/VACATION THIS IS RARE. HOPEFULLY WE CAN INCREASE OUR STAFF AND START DOING 911 TRANSPORTS ON OUR CAMPUS AND MAYBE EVEN ASSIST OUR NEIGHBORS WHEN IN NEED. SINCE THEY DONT CALL US FOR ANYTHING "FIRE WISE".

Edited by 1191stdue

Hey ferby...up north they normally had 4 on duty and for an ambulance call went down to 2 guys...2 on the bus...thats why theres M/A they could alway help if the BIG ONE comes in.

Hey Jimmy, thats not true....Buchanan has called you guys in m/a. We've used you for Haz-Mat, CO calls & even as a RIT! We know first hand what you guys are capable of and what you have to offer, so we're never shy to call you!

Dont we wish other Deparments would do the same!!!

ok so what does VAFD do now? respond with the bus or wait for CCVAC/CRP intercept?

On EMS calls at the VA Campus, they generally respond with the Ambulance and/or MA28 or occassionally E225. At the State Home they respond with MA28 - based on what I've seen in the last couple of years.

On EMS calls at the VA Campus, they generally respond with the Ambulance and/or MA28 or occassionally E225.  At the State Home they respond with MA28 - based on what I've seen in the last couple of years.

And then do they transport at all or do they wait? I think I remember reading on here that they did transport to somewhere on campus, but I cant find it now.

At this time the VAFD responds with the ambulance to on campus "codes". What I mean by this is that the FD responds to Code 66's , and Code 99's. On station we have what we call the "Code team" which consists of Dr's, nurses,PD, and FD. Code 66 is a psychiatric code, Code 99 is a medical. Due to Federal standards the VAFD has to maintain 1 ambulance on station at all times, this is the reason we do not transport off station. Our responses to the NYS Veterans Home is MA28 which is equipped for EMS.

At this time the VAFD responds with the ambulance to on campus "codes". What I mean by this is that the FD responds to Code 66's , and Code 99's. On station we have what we call the "Code team" which consists of Dr's, nurses,PD, and FD. Code 66 is a psychiatric code, Code 99 is a medical. Due to Federal standards the VAFD has to maintain 1 ambulance on station at all times, this is the reason we do not transport off station. Our responses to the NYS Veterans Home is MA28 which is equipped for EMS.

how many guys do you have on a shift?? and does 1 bus on at all times mean that it has to be staffed or a bus has to stay on the campus. if it has to stay there and not txp what is the sense of having an ambulance. the government really doesn't make sense