Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firecapt32

19 posts in this topic

Have they checked the training records of these guys?? Sounds like they never took a haz-mat course in their career.

We are professionals all of us we shoud act like it. Any time you have that uniforn on or that jacket or the t-shirt, you are representing the Fire department.

If what they are saying is true, we all have a black eye--Slepy Hollow better look into the F.D. very closely. They have a major building boom coming in the next few years. It's time to get the F.D. on track.

If they need help and they certainly do need help, I'm sure there are people willing to help get them on the right track. I certainly am willing to help. No F.D. deserves to get a bad name because of a few.

Remember its the public that need the protection and they deserve the best we have to offer

They were ACCUSED!!! These Firefighters are well decorated members of the Sleepy Hollow Fire Department.

MORE KNUCKLE HEADS IN THE NEWS AND MAKING US THE VOLLYS LOOK BAD

Good luck to them with the trial, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully this will end well for everyone.

I've known Paulie Capello for a number of years, and I have a lot of difficulty imagining him doing something as blatantly stupid and reckless. However, I have more difficulty with those on this site jumping to conclusions not yet supported by ANYTHING. Anyone can be charged. And anyone can be found innocent or convicted. Wait till the fat lady sings before you slander a fellow MOS.

Edited by Skooter92

I've known Paulie Capello for a number of years, and I have a lot of difficulty imagining him doing something as blatantly stupid and reckless.  However, I have more difficulty with those on this site jumping to conclusions not yet supported by ANYTHING.  Anyone can be charged.  And anyone can be found innocent or convicted.  Wait till the fat lady sings before you slander a fellow MOS.

So DWI and slamming your car into a tree isn't blatently stupid? I suppose he chauffered the rigs too? C'mon now. MOS or not, call a spade a spade, if you're stupid enough to drive intoxicated in this day and age, you're stupid enough to dump some gas down a drain. Look, no one is perfect, but cut the crap about "ooh he's a MOS lets support him". I'm sick of that crap. What next, someone mows down someones kid with his car, "Ooh he's a MOS, lets support him."

Not to mention the disciplinary charges by HIS OWN PD

So DWI and slamming your car into a tree isn't blatently stupid? I suppose he chauffered the rigs too? C'mon now. MOS or not, call a spade a spade, if you're stupid enough to drive intoxicated in this day and age, you're stupid enough to dump some gas down a drain. Look, no one is perfect, but cut the crap about "ooh he's a MOS lets support him". I'm sick of that crap.  What next, someone mows down someones kid with his car, "Ooh he's a MOS, lets support him."

Not to mention the disciplinary charges by HIS OWN PD

OK I think this is getting a little out of hand now regardless of what is true or not. Hopefully this column changes or gets locked out.

I'm sure this article was posted for information purposes and not intended to start a challenge of the excellent facts that the DA's office HAS gathered and plans to convict them on!

Simply being accused and questioned by the DA would keep me out of trouble.

The DWI charge is after the explosion ,, what was he thinking ? !

Speaking the truth/opinions is/are good but maybe tone it down a bit it just sounded like bashing on this guy, everyone makes mistakes in life and some learn quicker than others and some not at all. And perhaps if this person was here to defend himself on this post it'd be a bit different.

Speaking the truth/opinions is/are good but maybe tone it down a bit it just sounded like bashing on this guy, everyone makes mistakes in life and some learn quicker than others and some not at all.  And perhaps if this person was here to defend himself on this post it'd be a bit different.

Oh I wouldn't change a thing I said. Hell I'll say it in person to him. I did state in one of my previous posts that nobody is perfect and thats the truth.

oh and if you think this needed toning down, apparently you haven't sat at the kitchen table at the a.m. change of tour.

As a member of Sleepy Hollow Fire Dept and working with these two men, I would watch what you say in condeming them. First of all unlss you volly or live here you do not know what has been going on here . You do not know all about the witch hunt and how our friends lives have been ruined by this. This is an issue that should not be spoken aobut the way it has been here unless you know what is going on here. Many members of our Department stand by FF Valle, as far a Paulie goes He is no longer with our Department and we wish him the best of luck. I and many members are very happy to have work with these men. please remeber if you dont know the full story (and if you read the journal news or watch new 12 you dont) please watch what you sayabout these two men.

Yiu know everyone one the news and all talk as if they have already been found guilty. But you know what i personally have worked with FF. Valle for about 4 years and i know with no question thay Mr. Valle know how to dispose of gasoline he has a container at his job in which materials of that sort are disposed into and there will be no reason for him not to dump it any place else. Also As a person who lives in the building where the problem took place I would have to say that there was a smell of like a car runnining in the lobby of the building all morning, i left my apartment 8:00 am that morning and smelt the smell and before the occurence my mother also went out and came back in and also smelt the smell so i persoally feel that it wasent the gas vapors that caused the explosion at the building.

I hope all works out for the brothers and the dept.. Now is not the time to arm chair quarterback now is the time get behind the brothers of the S.H.F.D. and show support no matter what the outcome. It is the dept and the rest of the members that will need to show the towns people that 1 or 2 people can not bring a whole department down.

Sleepy Hollow Fire Department has had a lot of bad luck.

Let's NOT slam Sleepy Hollow FD or it's members.

I know some of the members and they are a good bunch of people.

Unfortunately the public will judge a Fire Department, Police Department, or Ambulance Corps on what they read in the paper and watch on the news.

The scandals make the front page or the top news story yet when one of us

saves a life we are lucky to make the paper, news, or get an award. Now when you _ _ _ _ up you can bet your _ _ _ it will make the news.

Just keep in mind we are ALL human, we ALL make mistakes, and I am sure they will pay the price. Don't make Sleepy Hollow Fire Department suffer. It's not fair.

Enough said about this whole incident.

IT is a disgrace how EMTBRAVO is allowing this topic to continue. Like i said earlier they were ACCUSED. I support FF Miguel Valle throughout this entire situation.

FIRECAPT 32

WHO ARE YOU TO SAY THAT THE SLEEPY HOLLOW FIRE DEPARTMENT NEEDS HELP?

its just a oponion we all have them some of them stink-- just checking the training records and see what training they took. I wish both of them well at any up coming trial. and certinly do not demean the Sleepy hollow Fire Department. I know a lot of firefighters there -all good men and i would follow them any place and have!!

but like i said when we put on the jacket we represent the village town or city we should all be professional in our approch to the fire servive.

and stand by it's the people we protect and they deserve the best nothing less will do.. If you know me -you know i'm a fire instructor and former member of ladder 38

Let the truth come out Sleepy Hollow residents deserve to know what really happened that day--

Tis is national news now guys. is on www.firehouse.com

doesnt look good for the home team. just a qestion....how is the exsplosion leading back to them pouring gas dowm a drain. there was no eyewittness of them pouring it. Has CSI been there ? or did somebody slip and say somthing? :o

way to many people getting there feelings hurt. this is just as bad as monday morning quarterbacks after a fire

Thank god christmas is almost over!! bah hum bug!!! :blink:

Gentlemen,

The actions (or reported actions) of two men do not represent the entire department. However, as Firecapt32 has pointed out, the public does pay attention to who, what, where. In this case, the incident occurred in the firehouse according to the reported evidence. The two accused are members of the fire department. Enough said...let the jury or judge decide the case.

We all know that the information that comes through the Journal News and Channel 12 is 100% accurate all the time :blink:

However, I want to offer some advice to those who are now making remarks about having smelled something prior to the explosion in the subject building...

Go no further in your comments unless you would like to testify in the trial. If you would like to do so I would suggest you call the Westchester County DA. Make sure you are ready for the questions you are going to be asked...

"Sir, are you a member of the fire service? Sir, what training have you received? Sir, did you notice an unusual smell in a multiple residence and fail to call the FD?" You can see where this all goes.

Lets learn from the mistakes of others and make sure it never happens again.