Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IzzyEng4

I Need a new leather

12 posts in this topic

Hey all

In February I'm stepping down from my position of Captain and retiring my leather helmet after 15 years and one paint job (from black to "officer" yellow). I'm looking for a shop that is reliable and has a good price where I can buy one. I know there is a bunch online, but I want to be fitted for one.

Any sugestions?

Thanks in advance

Izzy

Edited by IzzyEng4

Hey all

In February I'm stepping down from my position of Captain and retiring my leather helmet after 15 years and one paint job (from black to "officer" yellow).  I'm looking for a shop that is reliable and has a good price where I can buy one.  I know there is a bunch online, but I want to be fitted for one.

Any sugestions?

Thanks in advance

Izzy

go to a.a.a fire supply in north white plains, talk to matt. the best place to go for any gear

The only true leather helmet out there are the Cairns series and Cairns no longer manufacture "fitted" ones like back in the day when a FF could stop by the Clifton facility and get sized for one. All leathers come with a ratchet liner. They offer two sizes presently Medium (6 1/2 - 7 1/2) & Large (7 5/8 - 8). I would try www.kazafire.com those guys still have leathers on the shelf from before the huge leather price increase back in July so you should be able to get a good price. If you are dead set on getting a fitted one try Donald Power (617) 924-7176 he repairs leathers and sells refurbs. Best of luck.

I meant by fitted to mean it fitted my head right with the osha / nfpa stuff. Sorry about the confusion there. Thanks I'll check into what you have said. Also anyone else with ideas, please let me know

Thanks again

HEy Jcolon Where is a.a.a. fire supply do you know the adress.

HEy Jcolon  Where is a.a.a. fire supply do you know the adress.

there in north white plains next to the firehouse, north broadway

If u wanna save some $$$ got to www.thefirestore.com

The N5A and N6A are great products, the Lion/Paul Conway "American Heritage" leather is nice and is $100 less expensive.

You may want to try the fire show at the Nassau Col. next weekend I believe. If you look you may find something your looking for. Sometimes they even have deals b/c there at the show and they do not want to cart it back to their store. Just a little heads up for one option.

Edited by RZ502

Try this web site: WWW.ThefireStore.com

I bought my Leather New Yorker from here and it is great I also had a custom shield made through the fire store, excellent and professoinal made.

Hey All, thanks for the replys back. I ended up getting one from the Fire Store and got it with in 4 days after I ordered it (over the weekend basically). I paid $380 with some extras on it. Thanks again all for the input. I'm gonna close this thread.

Joe :D

Edited by IzzyEng4