Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Peekskill FD Appoints EMS Coordinator

9 posts in this topic

Peekskill (Career) FF/NREMT-P Tom Macpherson has been appointed as the first EMS Coordinator of the Peekskill Fire Dept.

Tom is an active member of the Westchester EMS community, and also is an accreddited Fire and EMS instructor, as well as a writer about issues pertaining to the Fire and EMS community.

Congrats to Tommy, he's a friend of mine and I know he'll do a great job to improve EMS/ALS delivery in PFD and community.

X635 wrote:

"I know he'll do a great job to improve EMS/ALS delivery in PFD and community"

HE WILL??? :-P haha

Good Luck Tommy Mac OOHRAH!

What will the S.O.P. be for someone whom, say, needs EMS care at, oh I don't know, HVHC? Would that be BLS, ALS or KSA?

KSA being Kick Someone's A$$?

Yeah, what was the deal with that call? I was on 35medic2 that night and heard 39medic1 going to it. They sounded thrilled. ](*,)

Found out tonight. Apparently someone with a stubbed toe was at HVHC and annoyed that it was taking so long to get seen at the ER. They walked outside and called 911 and requested they be taken to NWHC. :roll: I guess the finally got smart before EMS arrived since they were GOA upon arrival. :D

We see a lot of that between the yonkers hospitals and mount vernon!!! People just don't know.

First line of questioning should be: Will that be Cash or Credit?

Just wanted to write a quick note of thanks to those whom actually took the time to say congratulations. I look forward to interacting with some of you on here with what little time I'll have between taking care of business for the PFD.

Tommy, best of luck to ya! They couldn't have picked a better guy. Not only do you have the time/experience in the EMS service, but you are also very well known & liked in area emergency services! For those of us who know you, we also know that you won't take any crap & you'll do what it takes to get a job done! Again, congratulations & best of luck to you in your new appointment!