Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BedfordFire

FDNY trucks in the county

16 posts in this topic

Are there any trucks in Westchester that are ex-FDNY? Any information would be appreciated

In Putnam County Kent 16-2-2 is an Ex-FDNY CF Pumper

Pelham had the old Engine 59. Lake Carmel had the squrt from Engine 70 back in the late 80's early 90's.

Although not Westchester County, up here in Dutchess County, Arlington FD's Rescue is ex-FDNY Rescue 2

7167575_l.jpg

Although not Westchester County, up here in Dutchess County, Arlington FD's Rescue is ex-FDNY Rescue 2

7167575_l.jpg

Anyone want to buy that thing? :rolleyes:

OOS for the past 8 months :blink:

I dont know but Mt.Vernons 2 new rigs look exactly like an FDNY engine.

If I'm not mistaken (and my brother Chris498 could better speak to this), Golden's Bridge Engine 138 was originally built to be an FDNY rig, but never served the city.

It's a 1968 Mack CF, refurbished by Pierce in the 1990's.

Similar, but not Ex-FDNY. Give a little credit, the new engines are brand new.

Putnam County HAZMAT Rig is old FDNY Rescue 3 and is around the same age as the Stiloki rig maybe 1983

Actually, it's the original HAZ MAT 1. It's a 1983 ALF Saulsbury. R-3 never had the ALF as its primary rig, it did have one as the Collapse Unit. The Stilotski is the old R-1 and is a 1985.

Actually, it's the original HAZ MAT 1. It's a 1983 ALF Saulsbury. R-3 never had the ALF as its primary rig, it did have one as the Collapse Unit. The Stilotski is the old R-1 and is a 1985.

The Putnam County Haz-Mat 1 was also the former Collapse Rig for Rescue 3. I remember when the county aquirred it it still had mdifications to hold lumber

Although it is in Fairfield County, here is the link to our former FDNY rig. It serverd as New York's Maxi-Water Unit which was part of their Satellite System.

http://www.longhillfd.com/S203/

In thornwood, I believe engine 88 is actually a regect from FDNY.

I would say no to that as FDNY already had enclosed cab rigs by 1975 the last not enclosed (5 man cab) was the squirt at 70 engine on city island that had apump on it. I know tl had the open crew area and so did the satt units.

They told me this when I shot thornwood's Mack last year. I have heard it quite a few times over the years from different departments that have CF's. Every time, it has not been true, and this is no exception. FDNY only ordered pumpers during that era(1968-1983) with the Thermodyne 260 HP motor(CF611 series). Thornwood's CF has a 285HP motor(CF686 series). FDNY pumpers from 1971 on had closed cabs, this one doesnt. The body and pump setup on Thornwood's is completely different to an FDNY pump and body.

I usually attribute these stories to salesmen 30+ years ago, and also stories that have been passed down over the years.

Mike