Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BedfordFire

Katonah Tanker 6 Is Here!

21 posts in this topic

I was driving down the road this morning and saw a large shiny red truck barreling around a turn...after double taking it appeared to be Katonah's new Pierce tanker 6...and boy does it look good. If anyone had more info or pics of this truck, that would be great. Congrats on your new truck guys!

The Tanker is indeed in-house. It's a Pierce Dash with six man cab, 3000 gallon tank, 50 gallon foam cell, extended front bumper with trash line, deck gun with remote options, fold-down racks for hard suction and portable pond, back up camera, etc.

Quite a different rig than the 1979 it's replacing.

It won't be in service immediately as we have much to do to get the truck ready, equipment placed, and driver/operators qualified.

Captain, Katonah Tanker Company

Pictures, we need Pictures!. btw, glad to see the Assistant Chief's can give the S-10's back to NAPA for delivery trucks now that they got real cars.

btw....was that the oldest tanker truck still in service in Westchester?

EJS1810....LOL, i always wondered why they had those stupid things? I took a class (annex site) out there awhile back and was suprised to see that Katonah used those for Chiefs vehicles! I mean, those S-10's are way too small, even with the "extended cab." On the other hand though, at least they were assigned vehicles, i guess.

Katonah, congrats on taking delivery of the new Chiefs vehicles, as well as your new Tanker-6! They all were in desperate need of replacment, especially the tanker! Nice to see you got the 6-man cab so you can actually have a full crew ride on the rig! Again, congrats and best of luck with them all!

For the record, the existing Tanker 6 does have a full cab, capable of carrying 6 people; though not enclosed.

I'd also say that we've used this Tanker with great success even in recent history. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with the truck, save that i was designed before 5" discharges were popular (nothing that adapters can't overcome).

It's was still a Class A pump, carrying enough water to get a good tanker shuttle started or a small fire knocked down with an engine in front of it.

We're all so spoiled here in this part of the World: there are countless departments who would feel very lucky to take the old Tanker 6 and put it into service. Likewise with the old 2212 and 2213. Sure, they're small vehicles, but many departments aren't able to afford even the most basic vehicles for their chief officers.

Well you can have all the comments you want about the " stupid S 10"all you want.

They are 5 years old, and we got them when I was Chief, they were the result of Asst. Chiefs have there personal vehicles hit at calls, and they were sued and lost in court so we in Katonah where Happy to get them and letting the District Insurance cover them for a change, yes they wheresmall but they worked.

They are still plenty of Dept.s running personal vehicles as Chiefs Cars that would be Happy to have em.

Ex Chief Katonah FD

Thanks to HPBKFD and Cutty, Spy Shots are available on the main page.

Well you can have all the comments you want about the " stupid S 10"all you want.

They are 5 years old, and we got them when I was Chief, they were the result of Asst. Chiefs have there personal vehicles hit at calls, and they were sued and lost in court so we in Katonah where Happy to get them and letting the District Insurance cover them for a change, yes they wheresmall but they worked.

They are still plenty of Dept.s running personal vehicles as Chiefs Cars that would be Happy to have em.

Ex Chief Katonah FD

I agree, when I was chief I was one of those guys who had to use a pov as a chief's vehicle. It even got christened at a structure/ brush fire when one of our mini's backed into it.

NICE RIG!!!!! Looks like a very well designed truck with 684 Runs inmind. Also this is equipped with ALOT of Hard Suction.

how come we always hear about beautiful trucks going to katohna, is someone getting paid to write these comments. nice rig laidies and gentlemen! hope to see little jimmy's name on it. congrats to the new tahoes also. that comment about the s-10 was rude and funny at the same time. :D

Edited by mrbolz

how come we always hear about beautiful trucks going to katohna, is someone getting paid to write these comments. nice rig laidies and gentlemen! hope to see little jimmy's name on it. congrats to the new tahoes also. that comment about the s-10 was rude and funny at the same time. :P

It was never meant to be rude and I apoligize to anyone who took offence. It was a joke meant for a friend (2213)

Edited by EJS1810

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMN that thing is big. BTW the idea of putting a memorial to JimmyBoy on that rig is a great idea.

ejs1810 that was hillarious but you may have upset jimmy. i forgive you

happy new year to all, lets make it a good one! :D:D:D:P:P

Big truck, Big Water, you all better have one heck of a wetdown!!

Good Luck with the new unit!

I just want to appologize for my comments about the Chiefs vehicles. I never meant it to be rude or negative, it was just an observation. As i said in my previous post, they should be happy to have a vehicle at all! As stated, there are plenty of depts. that don't have vehicles for all 3 chiefs. I was just stating that they were small and probably couldn't hold much equipment, but were perfect for chiefs to get around to alarms.

So again, i appologize if i offended anyone with my comments/observations. I was just joking around and never meant any negativity.

dfcic...I realize that the "old" Tanker-6 has a crew cab, i was just stating that its good to see you got one on the new Tanker because many depts. opt not to get a crew cab on different pieces of apparatus.

Again, best of luck with all the new equipment in Katonah!

Everyone have a Happy & Safe New Year!

Edited by BFD1054

BFD 1054, no worries. You're absolutely right that the trucks are small, too.

I meant no negativity either with my "for the record".

Happy holidays.

EJS1810-

all is good! hold on to your hat.

Congrads to the Katonah fire dept on their new tanker and chief vehicles and Happy New Year to all EmtBravo members and Fire Depts

Congrats and good luck with your new vehicles! May they serve you well for years to come!

Just a small question, what is katonah going to do with the old S-10's and old tanker, sell them I suppose. Just checkin'.