Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rfdu39

Snorkles in Westchester

10 posts in this topic

How many were there and who opperated them?

I know off hand, Bedford Hills had one prior to TL57. I believe that was "Snorkle 1"

And Verplank's TL-46 is a Bronto Skylift - i guess that could be considered a snorkle.

I dont know off hand who else had one.

I know Mount Vernon had one. I also seem to recall Fairview either having a snorkel or a telesquirt at some point.

I know off hand, Bedford Hills had one prior to TL57. I believe that was "Snorkle 1"

yeah, BH snorkle was snorkle 1. from what i can reemmber (and this was my days of going to the FH with dad at the age of like 8 or 9) was an 85 foot FWD/young with a pittman snorkle on it. That was our truck like you said, before 57 truck and is last time i heard, a tree trimming truck :D .

here is a pic from the BHFD website: http://www.bedfordhillsfd.org/images/gallery/4/S1_thumb.jpg

Snorkle 1 - Bedford Hills

Snorkle 2 - Verplanck

Snorkle 3 - Mount Vernon

Snorkle 4 - Scarsdale

Not in westchester but up in dutchess county east fishkill had a snorkle truck up until 1995.

Snorkel 1-1968 FWD/Young 85ft Snorkel-replaced in 1999

Snorkel 2-1973 Young Bison 1000gpm/85ft Snorkel-replaced in 2001

Snorkel 3-1975 Hendrickson/Pierce 1500/350/85ft Snorkel

Snorkel 4-1964 American LaFrance 900series 80ft AeroChief-bought from Deer Park LINY in 1986 and refurbed by Ward 79-replaced in 1999

Also not in Westchester, Monroe in Orange County used to run a 1978 ALF 1500 GPM Snorkle prior to being replaced by a 100' Sutphen tower.

old5388ul.jpg

Verplanck had an old Young Snorkel 85' which we just got rid of a couple of years ago and now have a Bronto Skylift 100'ft RLP which is similar to the Snorkel.

Yonkers had one and Bedford had one. That's all I can think of.

Yonkers never had a snorkle Tower ladder (s) yes. Mt. Vernon Snorkle maybe went to yonkers 3 times the most.