Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DFFD227

Yonkers UHF Problem?

6 posts in this topic

I have a question about the 484.7125 frequency...Where is that repeater located?, and is there something wrong with it? Lately I have been struggling to hear any transmissions off the frequency 484.7125, I have an antenna up 70 ft, and is in a direct path towards Yonkers with no obstructions at all, and my set up is correct...I do pick up 46.50 loud and clear, with no problem. Also you can tell from my audio its very weak and scratchy. My grandparents, who lives right near that Orchard Street Job was having a hard time picking them up as well, In fact they had to call me to ask what was going on, and they live in a private house, on top of a big hill. They also noticed it hasn't been clear lately, and this goes for some more people I know of living in the Southern part of the County. Has there been some sort of change with the repeater or something, or is the weather or something else playing a role?

DF,

This same question was posted few months back on fordyce.org/scanning, and if I remember the answer was that the frequency is rarely used, and although it's UHF, it uses a low wattage and you have to be very, very close by to hear anythging. BUT, would guess they might have used it on the Orchard Street fire the other day. Maybe not.....

Col. Von Ryan

I believe he is reffering to 484.7125.......which is the main operations channel and used daily, which is usually picked up loud and clear from beyond the city limits.

The UHF channel seems to be working fine.. Maybe a setting in the new scanner.. Do you have an old one to try and compare? I get the UHF loud and clear in New Rochelle.

The FCC info shows 110watt repeaters

118 LOCKWOOD AVE

215 SEMINARY AVE. (ITV Tower)

46.500 150 Watt per FCC

53 SHONNARD PL

5 LOCKWOOD AVE & DARTMOUTH

I thought original post was referring to YFD fireground frequency.

Sorry, my error.

ok, thanks everyone, I'm going to look into my problem.